Paul Walker's Car Crash Captured in Videos
Videos capturing Paul Walker's fiery car crash have emerged online. In footage obtained by CNN, thick black smoke starts to emerge about 60 seconds after Walker and Roger Rodas' Porsche Carrera GT hit a light pole and a tree. The video, which was taken from a surveillance camera across the crash site, shows the pole and tree falling. However, it did not capture images of the car.
The second video, obtained by OMG! Insider, shows moments after the car hit the pole and tree. The car was in the midst of thick smoke as several cars, apparently belong to Walker and Rodas' friends, approached the site.
Another video, obtained by World Star Hip Hop, was taken from a driver's point of view. The driver was in the car with his camera as he drove near the burning car. As he approached the crash site, he can be heard giving a warning to another person, telling her that the car might explode. The other person can be heard saying, "Yes, there is someone in there."
Sources at the law enforcement office previously said that the car was not involved in a drag race by the time of accident, which took place in Santa Clarita, Calif. The authorities reportedly are currently focusing the investigation on the speed when Rodas apparently lost control.
The authorities, meanwhile, will not release any information to media until they find accurate details of the fatal crash. "These types of cases present real challenges to our staff and we get one chance to get it right. There are a series of checks and balances we follow so that our work product is rock solid. We owe that to the families we serve and I know the media wants accurate information," Chief Coroner Craig Harvey told E! News on Tuesday afternoon, December 3.
More Paul Walker News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation