Owen Wilson Has a Lonely 'Christmas in L.A.' in The Killers' Music Video
The Killers has unveiled their new Chistmas single, "Christmas in L.A.", and its music video. This is the eighth holiday tune that the band has penned in support of World AIDS Day, with all sales proceeds benefitting Project (RED) and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS.
Featuring vocals from folk-rockers Dawes, the track is a guitar and drums-driven ballad that tells a tale about "a struggling actor in L.A. who misses the traditional Christmas." For the video, The Killers has hired Owen Wilson to play the pitiable main character.
At the beginning of the clip, Wilson is heard talking to fellow actor Harry Dean Stanton about his career. He's later seen waking up alone in his apartment before unwrapping a present from his family in front of a pathetic Christmas tree.
Also making an appearance in the half-real-life-and-half-animated clip directed by Kelly Loosli is the animated version of late rocker Warren Zevon. "Christmas in L.A." is available for purchase on iTunes.
The Killers' "Christmas in L.A." (feat. Dawes) music video
More The Killers News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie