Lorde Performs 'Team' at 2013 ARIA Awards
Lorde stunned the crowd when she took the stage at Australian Recording Industry Association Awards, which was held at The Star Casino & Hotel in Sydney, Australia on December 1. Wearing a black outfit and sporting a new straight hair do, the New Zealand native performed a haunting rendition of her new global single, "Team".
R&B princess Alicia Keys also made an appearance at the event. Not only did she deliver a medley of her two songs "Girl on Fire" and "Brand New Me", but the singer also presented the Best Female Artist award to Jessica Mauboy.
"Shut the gate, I'm just going to say it - this is so deadly," Mauboy said onstage. "You're so incredible I can't stop looking at you. Oh man, oh my goodness, Alicia Keys."
That night, "Australian Idol" alum Guy Sebastian took home two awards, Best Pop Release for his album "Armageddon" and Best Australian Live Act. "This is very unexpected," he said. "I can say that because I think I've been nominated for twenty something [awards] and I haven't won yet and here I am."
"It's the pop category and you know it's Australia it's a small community of songwriters and musos and it's not like the States," he added. "There are artists here writing for themselves, producing for themselves and so this is a massive credit to all the pop acts here and I'm stoked to have won this."
Electronic music instrumentalist Flume and psychedelic rockers from Tame Impala were big winners at the event. Flume nabbed awards in categories that included Best Male Artist, Best Dance Release and Breakthrough Artist of the Year. Meanwhile Tame Impala, who's enjoying the success of their "Lonerism" album, won awards for Best Rock Album, Best Group and Album of the Year. The full winner list is available here.
- Album of the Year: Tame Impala - "Lonerism"
- Breakthrough Artist - Release: Flume - "Flume"
- Best Male Artist: Flume - "Flume"
- Best Female Artist: Jessica Mauboy - "To the End of the Earth"
- Best Group: Tame Impala - "Lonerism"
- Best Independent Release: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - "Push the Sky Away"
- Best Adult Contemporary Album: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - "Push the Sky Away"
- Best Blues and Root Album: Russell Morris - "Sharkmouth"
- Best Children's Album: Justine Clarke - "A Little Day Out with Justine Clarke"
- Best Comedy Release: Tom & Alex - "The Bits We're Least Ashamed Of"
- Best Country Album: Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson - "Wreck and Ruin"
- Best Dance Release: Flume - "Flume"
- Best Pop Release: Guy Sebastian - "Armageddon"
- Best Rock Album: Tame Impala - "Lonerism"
- Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Album: Karnivool - "Asymmetry"
- Best Urban Album: Illy - "Bring It Back"
Lorde Performs "Team":
Alicia Keys Performs a Medley of "Girl on Fire" and "Brand New Me":
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight