Rep Confirms Paul Walker's Death, Fire Dept Chief Speaks
A Hollywood star is gone too soon. "Fast and Furious" actor Paul Walker has died in a single-car accident and explosion on Saturday, November 30 afternoon in Santa Clarita, north of Los Angeles. He was 40.
TMZ reported that Walker was inside a Porsche with someone else. The unidentified driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed it into a tree. The sports car went up in flames at the scene and killed both passengers.
Walker's representative has confirmed to TMZ that the actor died after attending a charity event to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort. He was taking friends out for drives in his new Porsche GT car and the crash happened during one of the test drives.
The accident occurred around 3:30 P.M. on Hercules Street near Constellation Road in the Rye Canyon Business Park, fire officials said. Police has not determined the cause of accident or who was behind the wheels. Local news site Signalscv.com heard from an eyewitness that Walker was the one driving the car with his pal named Roger.
"When we saw Paul and Roger leave, Paul was the passenger in the vehicle. They both were experienced drivers. This was just a tragic accident that happened on a joyride," said Jim Torp of Santa Clarita.
Los Angeles County Fire Department spokesman said, "At the conclusion of the accident the vehicle struck a light standard and the whole car was burned." He added that the two occupants of the vehicle were unable to get out in time.
Walker leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter named Meadow whom he had with then girlfriend, Rebecca.
Update: Local news outlets reported that the car hit a light standard instead of a tree.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival