Rep Confirms Paul Walker's Death, Fire Dept Chief Speaks
A Hollywood star is gone too soon. "Fast and Furious" actor Paul Walker has died in a single-car accident and explosion on Saturday, November 30 afternoon in Santa Clarita, north of Los Angeles. He was 40.
TMZ reported that Walker was inside a Porsche with someone else. The unidentified driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed it into a tree. The sports car went up in flames at the scene and killed both passengers.
Walker's representative has confirmed to TMZ that the actor died after attending a charity event to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort. He was taking friends out for drives in his new Porsche GT car and the crash happened during one of the test drives.
The accident occurred around 3:30 P.M. on Hercules Street near Constellation Road in the Rye Canyon Business Park, fire officials said. Police has not determined the cause of accident or who was behind the wheels. Local news site Signalscv.com heard from an eyewitness that Walker was the one driving the car with his pal named Roger.
"When we saw Paul and Roger leave, Paul was the passenger in the vehicle. They both were experienced drivers. This was just a tragic accident that happened on a joyride," said Jim Torp of Santa Clarita.
Los Angeles County Fire Department spokesman said, "At the conclusion of the accident the vehicle struck a light standard and the whole car was burned." He added that the two occupants of the vehicle were unable to get out in time.
Walker leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter named Meadow whom he had with then girlfriend, Rebecca.
Update: Local news outlets reported that the car hit a light standard instead of a tree.
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Britney Spears Freaks Out After Sex Tape Leaks Online