Ariana Grande and Nathan Sykes Cuddling at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Spider-Man's Hand Speared
Ariana Grande got to celebrate Thanksgiving with the loved ones while still working. Billed to perform at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, she was spotted being joined by her boyfriend Nathan Sykes during the November 28 festival.
The Nickelodeon star and the boybander were cuddling, smiling and whispering something in each other's ears while sitting on the back of a golf buggy. When Grande performed "Last Christmas", Sykes was reportedly hanging out with the actress/songstress' mother and brother while cheering her.
Though other celebrities like Austin Mahone, Kristin Chenoweth, Kellie Pickler, Jimmy Fallon and Miss America Nina Davuluri also showed up at the parade, like always the balloons were the major attraction during the annual event. This year, the balloons flew lower than normal due to strong winds.
The decision to fly the balloons at lower altidude led to a minor incident as Spider-Man balloon got speared by a tree in Central Park. Thus, throughout the rest of the parade the 78-foot-long balloon floated through the streets with a partially deflated left arm.
Meanwhile, a parade volunteer, Keri O'Connell, who carried Buzz Lightyear balloon got injured when a golf cart riding with the "Toy Story" character ran over her right foot at W. 75th St. and Central Park West. She was then rushed to hospital in an ambulance.
"We were having the most fantastic time. Everything was wonderful. All of a sudden I was on the ground in intense pain," the 39-year-old pre-K teacher recalled the incident. "I started screaming because no one was doing anything. I kept saying, 'Move the car! Get it off of me!' "
She waited for a while on the golf cart, sitting next to the the driver who ran her over, before the ambulance came. "He did not look at me. He did not speak to me. He did not ask me how I was. He did not apologize," she told the Daily News of the cart driver.
After getting a treatment at Roosevelt Hospital, she said, "I've definitely been better. They gave me strong meds at the hospital - I'm in a lot of pain." Doctors said she might have a hairline fracture in her foot and advised her to consult with a podiatrist.
More Ariana Grande News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart