Extended Trailer for Syfy's 'Helix': Screwing With the Laws of Nature
Gearing up to debut its new series in midseason 2014, "Helix", Syfy has debuted a new promo for the sci-fi thriller. Packed with intense scenes, it gives an extended look at the chaotic situation in the aftermath of a disease outbreak in the Arctic.
As they try to figure out a virus which turns human into something unknown, the researchers are hiding secrets that not only break international laws, but also potentially screw with the laws of nature. The video has a tagline which reads, "Play God. Pay the price."
The show follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control. When they travel to a high-tech research facility in the North Pole to investigate a possible disease outbreak, they quickly find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that holds the key to mankind's salvation or total annihilation.
Billy Campbell is cast as Dr. Alan Farragut, an emotionally troubled CDC pathologist, joined by Hiroyuki Sanada, Kyra Zagorsky, Mark Ghanime, Jordan Hayes, Meegwun Fairbrother, Catherine Lemieux and Neil Napier.
"Battlestar Galactica" creator Ronald D. Moore, "Lost" co-executive producer Steven Maeda, Lynda Obst ("Contact") and Cameron Porsandeh executive produce the drama series, which is set to premiere January 10 at 10/9c on Syfy.
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary