Extended Trailer for Syfy's 'Helix': Screwing With the Laws of Nature
Gearing up to debut its new series in midseason 2014, "Helix", Syfy has debuted a new promo for the sci-fi thriller. Packed with intense scenes, it gives an extended look at the chaotic situation in the aftermath of a disease outbreak in the Arctic.
As they try to figure out a virus which turns human into something unknown, the researchers are hiding secrets that not only break international laws, but also potentially screw with the laws of nature. The video has a tagline which reads, "Play God. Pay the price."
The show follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control. When they travel to a high-tech research facility in the North Pole to investigate a possible disease outbreak, they quickly find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that holds the key to mankind's salvation or total annihilation.
Billy Campbell is cast as Dr. Alan Farragut, an emotionally troubled CDC pathologist, joined by Hiroyuki Sanada, Kyra Zagorsky, Mark Ghanime, Jordan Hayes, Meegwun Fairbrother, Catherine Lemieux and Neil Napier.
"Battlestar Galactica" creator Ronald D. Moore, "Lost" co-executive producer Steven Maeda, Lynda Obst ("Contact") and Cameron Porsandeh executive produce the drama series, which is set to premiere January 10 at 10/9c on Syfy.
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding