'Friday the 13th' Remake Due March 2015
A new "Friday the 13th" remake has booked a release date. Paramount announces the upcoming film which will be the thirteenth installment of the horror movie series will haunt theaters everywhere in the United States starting March 13, 2015.
Contrary to the initial rumors, the project reportedly will not be a direct sequel but a reboot. Rumor has it, the studio is mulling over the idea to create the movie with "found footage" which is popularly used in films made on shoestring budgets.
The cult scary movies chronicle the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. The last "Friday the 13th" movie released in 2009 grossed nearly $100 million worldwide. It starred Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki and Amanda Righetti.
Aside from setting a date for "Friday the 13th (2015)", Paramount also shifts "Anchorman: The Legend Continues". The Ron Burgundy second film starring Will Ferrell will arrive two days earlier on December 18 this year.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death