'Friday the 13th' Remake Due March 2015
A new "Friday the 13th" remake has booked a release date. Paramount announces the upcoming film which will be the thirteenth installment of the horror movie series will haunt theaters everywhere in the United States starting March 13, 2015.
Contrary to the initial rumors, the project reportedly will not be a direct sequel but a reboot. Rumor has it, the studio is mulling over the idea to create the movie with "found footage" which is popularly used in films made on shoestring budgets.
The cult scary movies chronicle the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. The last "Friday the 13th" movie released in 2009 grossed nearly $100 million worldwide. It starred Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki and Amanda Righetti.
Aside from setting a date for "Friday the 13th (2015)", Paramount also shifts "Anchorman: The Legend Continues". The Ron Burgundy second film starring Will Ferrell will arrive two days earlier on December 18 this year.
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO