'Friday the 13th' Remake Due March 2015
A new "Friday the 13th" remake has booked a release date. Paramount announces the upcoming film which will be the thirteenth installment of the horror movie series will haunt theaters everywhere in the United States starting March 13, 2015.
Contrary to the initial rumors, the project reportedly will not be a direct sequel but a reboot. Rumor has it, the studio is mulling over the idea to create the movie with "found footage" which is popularly used in films made on shoestring budgets.
The cult scary movies chronicle the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. The last "Friday the 13th" movie released in 2009 grossed nearly $100 million worldwide. It starred Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki and Amanda Righetti.
Aside from setting a date for "Friday the 13th (2015)", Paramount also shifts "Anchorman: The Legend Continues". The Ron Burgundy second film starring Will Ferrell will arrive two days earlier on December 18 this year.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama