'Friday the 13th' Remake Due March 2015
A new "Friday the 13th" remake has booked a release date. Paramount announces the upcoming film which will be the thirteenth installment of the horror movie series will haunt theaters everywhere in the United States starting March 13, 2015.
Contrary to the initial rumors, the project reportedly will not be a direct sequel but a reboot. Rumor has it, the studio is mulling over the idea to create the movie with "found footage" which is popularly used in films made on shoestring budgets.
The cult scary movies chronicle the brutal killing of a group of youngsters by the serial killer with a razor sharp machete. The last "Friday the 13th" movie released in 2009 grossed nearly $100 million worldwide. It starred Derek Mears, Jared Padalecki and Amanda Righetti.
Aside from setting a date for "Friday the 13th (2015)", Paramount also shifts "Anchorman: The Legend Continues". The Ron Burgundy second film starring Will Ferrell will arrive two days earlier on December 18 this year.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7