'Dancing with the Stars' Season 17 Finale: A Frontrunner Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy
After 11 weeks of extensive rehearsals, the remaining three finalists of "Dancing with the Stars" danced for the last time on Tuesday, November 26 to compete for the title of the best celebrity dancer. Amber Riley, Corbin Bleu, Jack Osbourne and their respective partners participated in the 24-Hour Dance Fusion where they only had less than a day to choreograph and rehearse a dance that combined two styles.
Audience in the ballroom and viewers at home got to see musical performances from Lady Antebellum, Enrique Iglesias and YouTube sensation Ylvis as well as dances by the pro dancers before the top 3 pairs did the Fusion Dances. The eliminated couples also returned to do an encore of their dance earlier in the season or perform a new number.
Corbin and Karina Smirnoff did foxtrot/cha cha which earned 27 points. Len Goodman said the cha cha was almost perfect, but the actor messed up a bit at the end. The judges loved the foxtrot, though.
Jack and Cheryl Burke's salsa/paso doble also earned 27 points. Carrie Ann Inaba noted that Jack was flat footed on the salsa, but excused it because he had never done it before. Len praised his effort as saying, "The others have climbed hills. You'e climbed a mountain."
Amber and Derek Hough outdid their rivals with their samba/quickstep, which got the perfect score of 30 from the judges. Carrie Ann said it was so seamless that it seemed to be a brand new dance, while Len called her dazzling.
Leading the scoreboard with a total of 94 points from two nights' performances, Amber eventually came out as the winner once fans' votes were counted to determine the results. Corbin finished in the second place, while Jack was in the third place.
The "Glee" actress told women of all sizes and colors that "you can do whatever you put your mind to!" She took home the Mirror Ball trophy, bringing Derek's total win to five so far.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation