Angelina Jolie Buys Brad Pitt Island for 20 Million Dollars
Angelina Jolie is trying to top off her annual gifts for Brad Pitt's birthday. She reportedly bought a heart-shaped island for $20 million, thinking it would be perfect for her longtime partner's 50th birthday.
Jolie was particularly excited on buying the property due to the fact that the two homes on the island were designed by Pitt's favorite architect, Frank Lloyd Wright. "The fact he could now live in a house designed by one of his idols will make this his best birthday present ever," a source told the Mirror.
Jolie arranged a viewing as soon as she heard that the island was in the market. "She was really impressed," the source said. "The house is perfect for romantic getaways or as a family retreat. It's very private. And Angelina knows the fact the island is in the shape of a heart will mean so much to him."
The island is located on Petra Island, 50 miles north of New York City. It boasts 11 acre landscape, a helicopter pad and two luxury estates. The main house was built in 2008 based on Wright's blueprint and has been deemed one of his most spectacular designs. Jolie thought the house would be a perfect getaway for their six children as well.
Pitt has been a big fan of Wright for long, once saying, "When I discovered Charles Rennie Mackintosh and Frank Lloyd Wright, it changed my life." He visited Wright's home Fallingwater and fell in love with it. Jolie then bought a waterfall in California for his 48th birthday so that he could build a house inspired by Fallingwater.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March