Angelina Jolie Buys Brad Pitt Island for 20 Million Dollars
Angelina Jolie is trying to top off her annual gifts for Brad Pitt's birthday. She reportedly bought a heart-shaped island for $20 million, thinking it would be perfect for her longtime partner's 50th birthday.
Jolie was particularly excited on buying the property due to the fact that the two homes on the island were designed by Pitt's favorite architect, Frank Lloyd Wright. "The fact he could now live in a house designed by one of his idols will make this his best birthday present ever," a source told the Mirror.
Jolie arranged a viewing as soon as she heard that the island was in the market. "She was really impressed," the source said. "The house is perfect for romantic getaways or as a family retreat. It's very private. And Angelina knows the fact the island is in the shape of a heart will mean so much to him."
The island is located on Petra Island, 50 miles north of New York City. It boasts 11 acre landscape, a helicopter pad and two luxury estates. The main house was built in 2008 based on Wright's blueprint and has been deemed one of his most spectacular designs. Jolie thought the house would be a perfect getaway for their six children as well.
Pitt has been a big fan of Wright for long, once saying, "When I discovered Charles Rennie Mackintosh and Frank Lloyd Wright, it changed my life." He visited Wright's home Fallingwater and fell in love with it. Jolie then bought a waterfall in California for his 48th birthday so that he could build a house inspired by Fallingwater.
More Angelina Jolie News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle