Angelina Jolie Buys Brad Pitt Island for 20 Million Dollars
Angelina Jolie is trying to top off her annual gifts for Brad Pitt's birthday. She reportedly bought a heart-shaped island for $20 million, thinking it would be perfect for her longtime partner's 50th birthday.
Jolie was particularly excited on buying the property due to the fact that the two homes on the island were designed by Pitt's favorite architect, Frank Lloyd Wright. "The fact he could now live in a house designed by one of his idols will make this his best birthday present ever," a source told the Mirror.
Jolie arranged a viewing as soon as she heard that the island was in the market. "She was really impressed," the source said. "The house is perfect for romantic getaways or as a family retreat. It's very private. And Angelina knows the fact the island is in the shape of a heart will mean so much to him."
The island is located on Petra Island, 50 miles north of New York City. It boasts 11 acre landscape, a helicopter pad and two luxury estates. The main house was built in 2008 based on Wright's blueprint and has been deemed one of his most spectacular designs. Jolie thought the house would be a perfect getaway for their six children as well.
Pitt has been a big fan of Wright for long, once saying, "When I discovered Charles Rennie Mackintosh and Frank Lloyd Wright, it changed my life." He visited Wright's home Fallingwater and fell in love with it. Jolie then bought a waterfall in California for his 48th birthday so that he could build a house inspired by Fallingwater.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion