Lyric Video: U2 Unleashes New Song 'Ordinary Love' From Mandela Biopic
U2 has debuted their new song, "Ordinary Love", via a lyric video. Written and recorded specifically for "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom", it was first teased in the movie trailer, but it's not until now that the song is released in full.
"We can't reach any higher if we can't deal with ordinary love," the band's vocalist Bono sings as the song's lyrics are written on any available space, from letter to wall. Oliver Jeffers and Mac Premo directed the lyric video.
The original tune will be included in limited-edition 10-inch vinyl release on Black Friday, as part of Record Store Day's "Back to Black Friday" event. Only 10,000 copies of the vinyl will be made available for purchase.
Harvey Weinstein, who produces the biopic, thinks the band "did a brilliant job honoring the man and the leader they have known for over 20 years." He has also revealed the creative process behind the song, "The band saw various cuts of the film over the summer and worked diligently to write a song that truly reflects Nelson Mandela."
"Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" chronicles the early life of South African President Nelson Mandela, his coming of age, education and 27 years in prison before becoming President and working to rebuild the country's once segregated society. Idris Elba takes the title role. The movie is set to be released in limited theaters in the U.S. on November 29.
U2's "Ordinary Love" lyric video
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed