Eminem Releases 'Rap God' Video Teaser
Eminem has revealed that a music video for his controversial track "Rap God" is on the way. On Wedesday, November 21, the 41-year-old Detroit rapper teased his upcoming project with a 27-second snippet that features him rocking a black suit and a pair of black shades.
Set to arrive on November 27, the clip was shot in Detroit by Rich Lee. The director behind Em's "Not Afraid" and "Lighters" videos is currently filming the visuals for the rapper's collaboration with Rihanna, "The Monster".
"Rap God" has been under the spotlight for its controversial lyrics. The appearance of anti-gay slurs like "f****t" and "little gay-looking boy" have angered LGBT supporters as well as many openly gay musicians.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, he addressed the matter and insisted that the insults were not meant to hurt anyone. "I don't know how to say this without saying it how I've said it a million times. But that word, those kind of words, when I came up battle-rappin' or whatever, I never really equated those words [to mean homosexual]," he explained.
The track appears in "MMLP2", Eminem's newest album that landed at Bilboard 200's No. 1 with 658,000 copies in its debut week. Released earlier this month, the second installment of successful 2000's "The Marshall Mathers LP" has been certified platinum.
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated