Eminem Releases 'Rap God' Video Teaser
Eminem has revealed that a music video for his controversial track "Rap God" is on the way. On Wedesday, November 21, the 41-year-old Detroit rapper teased his upcoming project with a 27-second snippet that features him rocking a black suit and a pair of black shades.
Set to arrive on November 27, the clip was shot in Detroit by Rich Lee. The director behind Em's "Not Afraid" and "Lighters" videos is currently filming the visuals for the rapper's collaboration with Rihanna, "The Monster".
"Rap God" has been under the spotlight for its controversial lyrics. The appearance of anti-gay slurs like "f****t" and "little gay-looking boy" have angered LGBT supporters as well as many openly gay musicians.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, he addressed the matter and insisted that the insults were not meant to hurt anyone. "I don't know how to say this without saying it how I've said it a million times. But that word, those kind of words, when I came up battle-rappin' or whatever, I never really equated those words [to mean homosexual]," he explained.
The track appears in "MMLP2", Eminem's newest album that landed at Bilboard 200's No. 1 with 658,000 copies in its debut week. Released earlier this month, the second installment of successful 2000's "The Marshall Mathers LP" has been certified platinum.
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza