Eminem Releases 'Rap God' Video Teaser
Eminem has revealed that a music video for his controversial track "Rap God" is on the way. On Wedesday, November 21, the 41-year-old Detroit rapper teased his upcoming project with a 27-second snippet that features him rocking a black suit and a pair of black shades.
Set to arrive on November 27, the clip was shot in Detroit by Rich Lee. The director behind Em's "Not Afraid" and "Lighters" videos is currently filming the visuals for the rapper's collaboration with Rihanna, "The Monster".
"Rap God" has been under the spotlight for its controversial lyrics. The appearance of anti-gay slurs like "f****t" and "little gay-looking boy" have angered LGBT supporters as well as many openly gay musicians.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, he addressed the matter and insisted that the insults were not meant to hurt anyone. "I don't know how to say this without saying it how I've said it a million times. But that word, those kind of words, when I came up battle-rappin' or whatever, I never really equated those words [to mean homosexual]," he explained.
The track appears in "MMLP2", Eminem's newest album that landed at Bilboard 200's No. 1 with 658,000 copies in its debut week. Released earlier this month, the second installment of successful 2000's "The Marshall Mathers LP" has been certified platinum.
More Eminem News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs