NeNe Leakes Recovering From Blood Clots in Lung
NeNe Leakes is currently recovering at home after receiving treatment in a hospital following blood clots in her lung. The reality star explained in a statement posted on her website on November 19, saying that the health scare was caused by her constant traveling.
"Late last week I wasn't feeling well and was feeling a little short of breath. I know my body and I know when I should be concerned so I went to the hospital to get checked out," she revealed. "After some routine tests I was diagnosed with blood clots in my lung. I'm told this happened to me because of the constant traveling around the country that I do for my job."
"I'm thankful to be alive as the doctor advised me that most people don't recognize the symptoms of blood clots and don't go to the doctor and that's when the big problems start happening," she continued. "Contrary to published reports I did not have a heart attack. I'm blessed to be home with my wonderful Husband and family."
The star, who takes part on "The Real Housewives of Atlanta", shared a photo of herself in hospital a day before posting the statement. The photo shows her arm being hooked on an IV drip. "My arms are hurting wit these IV's #blessedtobealive," she captioned the photo.
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star