NeNe Leakes Recovering From Blood Clots in Lung
NeNe Leakes is currently recovering at home after receiving treatment in a hospital following blood clots in her lung. The reality star explained in a statement posted on her website on November 19, saying that the health scare was caused by her constant traveling.
"Late last week I wasn't feeling well and was feeling a little short of breath. I know my body and I know when I should be concerned so I went to the hospital to get checked out," she revealed. "After some routine tests I was diagnosed with blood clots in my lung. I'm told this happened to me because of the constant traveling around the country that I do for my job."
"I'm thankful to be alive as the doctor advised me that most people don't recognize the symptoms of blood clots and don't go to the doctor and that's when the big problems start happening," she continued. "Contrary to published reports I did not have a heart attack. I'm blessed to be home with my wonderful Husband and family."
The star, who takes part on "The Real Housewives of Atlanta", shared a photo of herself in hospital a day before posting the statement. The photo shows her arm being hooked on an IV drip. "My arms are hurting wit these IV's #blessedtobealive," she captioned the photo.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'