NeNe Leakes Recovering From Blood Clots in Lung
NeNe Leakes is currently recovering at home after receiving treatment in a hospital following blood clots in her lung. The reality star explained in a statement posted on her website on November 19, saying that the health scare was caused by her constant traveling.
"Late last week I wasn't feeling well and was feeling a little short of breath. I know my body and I know when I should be concerned so I went to the hospital to get checked out," she revealed. "After some routine tests I was diagnosed with blood clots in my lung. I'm told this happened to me because of the constant traveling around the country that I do for my job."
"I'm thankful to be alive as the doctor advised me that most people don't recognize the symptoms of blood clots and don't go to the doctor and that's when the big problems start happening," she continued. "Contrary to published reports I did not have a heart attack. I'm blessed to be home with my wonderful Husband and family."
The star, who takes part on "The Real Housewives of Atlanta", shared a photo of herself in hospital a day before posting the statement. The photo shows her arm being hooked on an IV drip. "My arms are hurting wit these IV's #blessedtobealive," she captioned the photo.
More NeNe Leakes News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?