NeNe Leakes Recovering From Blood Clots in Lung
NeNe Leakes is currently recovering at home after receiving treatment in a hospital following blood clots in her lung. The reality star explained in a statement posted on her website on November 19, saying that the health scare was caused by her constant traveling.
"Late last week I wasn't feeling well and was feeling a little short of breath. I know my body and I know when I should be concerned so I went to the hospital to get checked out," she revealed. "After some routine tests I was diagnosed with blood clots in my lung. I'm told this happened to me because of the constant traveling around the country that I do for my job."
"I'm thankful to be alive as the doctor advised me that most people don't recognize the symptoms of blood clots and don't go to the doctor and that's when the big problems start happening," she continued. "Contrary to published reports I did not have a heart attack. I'm blessed to be home with my wonderful Husband and family."
The star, who takes part on "The Real Housewives of Atlanta", shared a photo of herself in hospital a day before posting the statement. The photo shows her arm being hooked on an IV drip. "My arms are hurting wit these IV's #blessedtobealive," she captioned the photo.
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director