'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Gets 'Rise of Electro' as Subtitle
Rumors that "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will get a subtitle instead of simply having a traditional number have been swirling on the internet since last month. Now Brazilian website Cinepop reveals Sony Pictures Brazil will release the superhero film in the country with "Rise of Electro" as the subtitle.
It's unclear if the same title will be applied to North American release since it's not uncommon for a movie to get different subtitles across the globe. Marvel, for example, will release "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" as "Captain America: The Return of the First Avenger" in Germany.
Earlier report suggested people from Sony were testing three different subtitles with audience at "Captain Phillips" screening taking place at Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. Two of them were "The Price of Power" and "With Great Power" inspired by Peter Parker's mantra.
Marc Webb returns as the director, while Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone reprise their respective roles as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. Dane DeHaan stars as Harry Osborn, Jamie Foxx as the villainous Electro, and Paul Giamatti as The Rhino.
The second installment is set for May 2, 2014. Its trailer will debut before "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug", which will arrive in the country on December 13.
Two more movies are already lined up as follow-ups. "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" will follow on June 10, 2016 and "The Amazing Spider-Man 4" on May 4, 2018.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!