'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off Gets Pilot Order
CBS is giving a "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off a try. The network has given a pilot commitment order to "How I Met Your Dad" from "HIMYM" creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and "Up All Night" creator Emily Spivey.
Described as a kindred spirit of "HIMYM" telling the story from a female point of view, the spin-off tells a brand-new story with new characters and a new voice at its center. Ted and the gang's favorite hangout, MacLaren's Pub, will be featured in the potential new series.
Bays, Thomas and Spivey will pen the pilot, which will reportedly be filmed as a stand-alone rather than as a back-door pilot. Previous report said that the new characters would be introduced in the "HIMYM" series finale, but it's unclear if they will go on with the initial plan.
In its ninth and final season, "HIMYM" is averaging a 4.5 rating among adults 18-49, making it CBS' highest-rated Monday series and the second-highest-rated overall behind "The Big Bang Theory".
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner