'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off Gets Pilot Order
CBS is giving a "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off a try. The network has given a pilot commitment order to "How I Met Your Dad" from "HIMYM" creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and "Up All Night" creator Emily Spivey.
Described as a kindred spirit of "HIMYM" telling the story from a female point of view, the spin-off tells a brand-new story with new characters and a new voice at its center. Ted and the gang's favorite hangout, MacLaren's Pub, will be featured in the potential new series.
Bays, Thomas and Spivey will pen the pilot, which will reportedly be filmed as a stand-alone rather than as a back-door pilot. Previous report said that the new characters would be introduced in the "HIMYM" series finale, but it's unclear if they will go on with the initial plan.
In its ninth and final season, "HIMYM" is averaging a 4.5 rating among adults 18-49, making it CBS' highest-rated Monday series and the second-highest-rated overall behind "The Big Bang Theory".
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video