'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off Gets Pilot Order
CBS is giving a "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off a try. The network has given a pilot commitment order to "How I Met Your Dad" from "HIMYM" creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and "Up All Night" creator Emily Spivey.
Described as a kindred spirit of "HIMYM" telling the story from a female point of view, the spin-off tells a brand-new story with new characters and a new voice at its center. Ted and the gang's favorite hangout, MacLaren's Pub, will be featured in the potential new series.
Bays, Thomas and Spivey will pen the pilot, which will reportedly be filmed as a stand-alone rather than as a back-door pilot. Previous report said that the new characters would be introduced in the "HIMYM" series finale, but it's unclear if they will go on with the initial plan.
In its ninth and final season, "HIMYM" is averaging a 4.5 rating among adults 18-49, making it CBS' highest-rated Monday series and the second-highest-rated overall behind "The Big Bang Theory".
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017