'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off Gets Pilot Order
CBS is giving a "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off a try. The network has given a pilot commitment order to "How I Met Your Dad" from "HIMYM" creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and "Up All Night" creator Emily Spivey.
Described as a kindred spirit of "HIMYM" telling the story from a female point of view, the spin-off tells a brand-new story with new characters and a new voice at its center. Ted and the gang's favorite hangout, MacLaren's Pub, will be featured in the potential new series.
Bays, Thomas and Spivey will pen the pilot, which will reportedly be filmed as a stand-alone rather than as a back-door pilot. Previous report said that the new characters would be introduced in the "HIMYM" series finale, but it's unclear if they will go on with the initial plan.
In its ninth and final season, "HIMYM" is averaging a 4.5 rating among adults 18-49, making it CBS' highest-rated Monday series and the second-highest-rated overall behind "The Big Bang Theory".
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?