'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off Gets Pilot Order
CBS is giving a "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off a try. The network has given a pilot commitment order to "How I Met Your Dad" from "HIMYM" creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and "Up All Night" creator Emily Spivey.
Described as a kindred spirit of "HIMYM" telling the story from a female point of view, the spin-off tells a brand-new story with new characters and a new voice at its center. Ted and the gang's favorite hangout, MacLaren's Pub, will be featured in the potential new series.
Bays, Thomas and Spivey will pen the pilot, which will reportedly be filmed as a stand-alone rather than as a back-door pilot. Previous report said that the new characters would be introduced in the "HIMYM" series finale, but it's unclear if they will go on with the initial plan.
In its ninth and final season, "HIMYM" is averaging a 4.5 rating among adults 18-49, making it CBS' highest-rated Monday series and the second-highest-rated overall behind "The Big Bang Theory".
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose