Russell Brand Denied Entry Into South Africa
Russell Brand was forced to cancel his sold-out stand-up gig in South Africa after he was not able to board the plane. He was planning to head for Johannesburg on Friday, November 15, but he had passport problems. According to U.K.'s The Telegraph, Brand was denied to board the flight because he did not have two free pages in his passport, which is the minimum requirement to enter the country.
"Banned from South Africa. Here ready to go. Refused entry. Hope I can come soon #MessiahComplex," Brand tweeted, referring to his Messiah Complex tour. He attached a photo of him posing in front of a Virgin Atlantic sign at the airport along with the post.
Local publicist Tony Feldman commented on the cancellation, calling the incident an "unexpected and disappointing last-minute change." The organizers apparently rescheduled the show to next week. In his Messiah Complex tour which will run until April, Brand will appear on shows in several countries such as Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Turkey.
In other news, Brand admitted earlier this month that he was in a relationship. In a conversation with Huffington Post U.K., he said, "I'm in a relationship at the moment." He later added while leaving, "I'm off to see my girlfriend." Brand was previously married to Katy Perry.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says