Russell Brand Denied Entry Into South Africa
Russell Brand was forced to cancel his sold-out stand-up gig in South Africa after he was not able to board the plane. He was planning to head for Johannesburg on Friday, November 15, but he had passport problems. According to U.K.'s The Telegraph, Brand was denied to board the flight because he did not have two free pages in his passport, which is the minimum requirement to enter the country.
"Banned from South Africa. Here ready to go. Refused entry. Hope I can come soon #MessiahComplex," Brand tweeted, referring to his Messiah Complex tour. He attached a photo of him posing in front of a Virgin Atlantic sign at the airport along with the post.
Local publicist Tony Feldman commented on the cancellation, calling the incident an "unexpected and disappointing last-minute change." The organizers apparently rescheduled the show to next week. In his Messiah Complex tour which will run until April, Brand will appear on shows in several countries such as Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Turkey.
In other news, Brand admitted earlier this month that he was in a relationship. In a conversation with Huffington Post U.K., he said, "I'm in a relationship at the moment." He later added while leaving, "I'm off to see my girlfriend." Brand was previously married to Katy Perry.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role