FXX Lands 'The Simpsons' Reruns in Lucrative Deal
FXX is now the exclusive cable home for "The Simpsons". The network has acquired cable, VOD and non-linear rights to the animated comedy series and will become the first cable channel to air the long-running show.
The deal covers 24 seasons (530 episodes) of the Emmy-winning comedy as well as subsequent seasons after they first air on FOX. All seasons will become available starting in August 2014, with the 25th installment expected to air in September, when the 26th season premieres on FOX.
In a joint statement, 20th Century Fox TV Chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman say, " 'The Simpsons' long ago crossed over from 'brilliant award-winning comedy series' to 'full-fledged cultural phenomenon,' and this landmark deal is a testament to its enduring power and relevance."
Details of the deal are not disclosed, but it's believed that "The Simpsons" fetched as much as $1.5 million per episode. FXX nabs the off-network syndication rights to the show after a bidding war with TBS, Comedy Central, TV Land, Nick at Nite and Spike reportedly among those interested in it.
"The Simpsons" airs Sundays at 8/7c on FOX. The upcoming episode to air on November 17 has "Mad Men" star Elisabeth Moss lending her voice to a pregnant woman, whom Homer helps when she goes into labor.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard