Sarah Darling Confirms Marriage to James Muriel
Sarah Darling is so happy that she can't help revealing that she is actually married. The country star and her English boyfriend James Muriel got engaged in Key West, Fla. back in April and now the singer says that they actually got married in an informal ceremony shortly after the engagement.
"We had dated long-distance for more than a year, so when he moved to Nashville we knew right away we wanted to be together as husband and wife," Darling tells PEOPLE Country. "We had dated long-distance for more than a year, so when he moved to Nashville we knew right away we wanted to be together as husband and wife."
"We just decided very spontaneously to get married. Saying our vows beside the Atlantic had special meaning because it was what separated us, and now we came together beside it," she continues. The couple's nuptials was attended by immediate family only. Darling and her graphic designer husband wanted to keep the news for themselves to avoid hurting those not invited, but "it's hard to keep something like this secret when you are as happy when we are."
The couple will hold formal ceremony in Nashville on May 30. "Our wedding in Key West was perfect, but taking our vows in front of everyone we love will be even more special," the singer explains, adding that she is working with Jim Hjelm for her wedding dress.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support