Video: Judi Dench Sends Steve Coogan to MPAA to Protest 'Philomena' R Rating
The Funny Or Die video starring Judi Dench to fight the R rating given by MPAA to her new movie "Philomena" has been released in full. The actress reprises her role as James Bond's tough boss M and tasks Steve Coogan a.k.a. Agent 002 to get the Motion Picture Association of America to change the rating to PG-13.
"I have an important mission for you. Are you familiar with MPAA or Ooompa?" she asks Coogan. The "Philomena" actor/writer/co-producer naturally confuses it with the little orange guys who worked for "a guy called Wonka." He also misunderstands the objective of the mission, thinking he was hired for a hit on the ratings group.
"Philomena" was rated R for using F-word twice. "I think most reasonable people would think it's completely inappropriate," Coogan said. "Because when I've spoken to audiences after screenings, and I tell them the rating, they all have this intake of breath, of like, what are you talking about? This is clearly not an R-rated film, this is clearly PG-13."
The British drama is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on November 27.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group