Video: Judi Dench Sends Steve Coogan to MPAA to Protest 'Philomena' R Rating
The Funny Or Die video starring Judi Dench to fight the R rating given by MPAA to her new movie "Philomena" has been released in full. The actress reprises her role as James Bond's tough boss M and tasks Steve Coogan a.k.a. Agent 002 to get the Motion Picture Association of America to change the rating to PG-13.
"I have an important mission for you. Are you familiar with MPAA or Ooompa?" she asks Coogan. The "Philomena" actor/writer/co-producer naturally confuses it with the little orange guys who worked for "a guy called Wonka." He also misunderstands the objective of the mission, thinking he was hired for a hit on the ratings group.
"Philomena" was rated R for using F-word twice. "I think most reasonable people would think it's completely inappropriate," Coogan said. "Because when I've spoken to audiences after screenings, and I tell them the rating, they all have this intake of breath, of like, what are you talking about? This is clearly not an R-rated film, this is clearly PG-13."
The British drama is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on November 27.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'