Video: Judi Dench Sends Steve Coogan to MPAA to Protest 'Philomena' R Rating
The Funny Or Die video starring Judi Dench to fight the R rating given by MPAA to her new movie "Philomena" has been released in full. The actress reprises her role as James Bond's tough boss M and tasks Steve Coogan a.k.a. Agent 002 to get the Motion Picture Association of America to change the rating to PG-13.
"I have an important mission for you. Are you familiar with MPAA or Ooompa?" she asks Coogan. The "Philomena" actor/writer/co-producer naturally confuses it with the little orange guys who worked for "a guy called Wonka." He also misunderstands the objective of the mission, thinking he was hired for a hit on the ratings group.
"Philomena" was rated R for using F-word twice. "I think most reasonable people would think it's completely inappropriate," Coogan said. "Because when I've spoken to audiences after screenings, and I tell them the rating, they all have this intake of breath, of like, what are you talking about? This is clearly not an R-rated film, this is clearly PG-13."
The British drama is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on November 27.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'