Video: Judi Dench Sends Steve Coogan to MPAA to Protest 'Philomena' R Rating
The Funny Or Die video starring Judi Dench to fight the R rating given by MPAA to her new movie "Philomena" has been released in full. The actress reprises her role as James Bond's tough boss M and tasks Steve Coogan a.k.a. Agent 002 to get the Motion Picture Association of America to change the rating to PG-13.
"I have an important mission for you. Are you familiar with MPAA or Ooompa?" she asks Coogan. The "Philomena" actor/writer/co-producer naturally confuses it with the little orange guys who worked for "a guy called Wonka." He also misunderstands the objective of the mission, thinking he was hired for a hit on the ratings group.
"Philomena" was rated R for using F-word twice. "I think most reasonable people would think it's completely inappropriate," Coogan said. "Because when I've spoken to audiences after screenings, and I tell them the rating, they all have this intake of breath, of like, what are you talking about? This is clearly not an R-rated film, this is clearly PG-13."
The British drama is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on November 27.
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture