Video: Judi Dench Sends Steve Coogan to MPAA to Protest 'Philomena' R Rating
The Funny Or Die video starring Judi Dench to fight the R rating given by MPAA to her new movie "Philomena" has been released in full. The actress reprises her role as James Bond's tough boss M and tasks Steve Coogan a.k.a. Agent 002 to get the Motion Picture Association of America to change the rating to PG-13.
"I have an important mission for you. Are you familiar with MPAA or Ooompa?" she asks Coogan. The "Philomena" actor/writer/co-producer naturally confuses it with the little orange guys who worked for "a guy called Wonka." He also misunderstands the objective of the mission, thinking he was hired for a hit on the ratings group.
"Philomena" was rated R for using F-word twice. "I think most reasonable people would think it's completely inappropriate," Coogan said. "Because when I've spoken to audiences after screenings, and I tell them the rating, they all have this intake of breath, of like, what are you talking about? This is clearly not an R-rated film, this is clearly PG-13."
The British drama is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on November 27.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences