Lady GaGa Criticizes Her Own Glamour Cover
Lady GaGa talked about altered images on the cover of magazines as she received her trophy at Glamour's annual Women of the Year Awards at Carnegie Hall in New York. In her speech, the Mother Monster said that she would use her voice to speak just like fellow honoree Malala Yousafzai, a teenager who was shot by Taliban as she fought for girls' right for education.
"I felt my skin looked too perfect. I felt my hair looked too soft. I do not look like this when I wake up in the morning... I don't even look like this," GaGa said at the Monday, November 11 event, referring to her look that night. As reported by Huffington Post, the "Applause" singer added that she was on mission to inspire young people to "fight back against the forces that make them feel like they're not beautiful."
The pop star even slammed her own photo for December issue of Glamour, urging the magazine to make changes for future editions. "It is fair to write about the change in your magazines. But what I want to see is the change on your covers... When the covers change, that's when culture changes," she said.
GaGa received the award for her anti-bullying campaign. In addition to Yousafzai and GaGa, other honorees included Barbra Streisand, who was honored with the Lifetime Achievement award, as well as models Christy Turlington Burns and Liya Kebede for their efforts to better maternal health care. In addition, Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly received an award for their gun-safety campaign.
More Lady GaGa News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation