Lorde Covers Tears for Fears' Song for 'Catching Fire' Soundtrack
Another cut off "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack has landed online. This time, it's revealed that Lorde has covered Tears for Fears' 1985 song called "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" for the upcoming movie that stars Jennifer Lawrence.
The New Zealand native manages to put a modern, dark and haunting twist on the classic song. "Welcome to your life/ There's no turning back/ Even while we sleep/ We will find you/ Acting on your best behavior/ Turn your back on mother nature/ Everybody wants to rule the world," she sings over the booming bass sounds
Lorde's cover has earned a rave review from the original performers. "I think it's absolutely amazing. But then I love her, I think she's brilliant. We love it when other people cover our stuff. Sometimes we steal them and use their version live," Tears For Fears' Curt Smith recently told MTV.
Almost at the same time Lorde's "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" arrived, The Weeknd's "Devil May Cry" that's also featured in "Catching Fire" soundtrack was debuted. The Canadian singer has previously contributed to the album by working with Sia Furler in "Elastic Heart".
Lorde and The Weeknd are joining the likes of Coldplay, Christina Aguilera, Ellie Goulding and The Nationals in the soundtrack that will be released on November 19, three days before the second installment of "The Hunger Games" film franchise hits U.S. theaters.
Lorde's "Everybody Wants to Rule the World":
The Weeknd's "Devil May Cry":
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them