George Clooney Clarifies Leonardo DiCaprio Comments, Keeps Russell Crowe
A pretty elaborate opinion that George Clooney threw to his peers, Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe, was clarified by his publicist. While he claimed the comments about DiCaprio was misinterpreted, Clooney insisted that those about Crowe were "truth".
In Clooney's interview with Esquire, it appeared that he had subtly dissed DiCaprio by recalling the one time they played basketball in Cabo San Lucas. "The thing about playing [basketball against] Leo is you have all these guys talking sh**," Clooney said. He believed "that you don't talk sh** unless you can play." Clooney and his teammates beat DiCaprio and his friends "three straight: 11-0, 11-0, 11-0" despite their age difference.
Clooney then added, "The discrepancy between their game and how they talked about their game made me think of how important it is to have someone in your life to tell you what's what. I'm not sure if Leo has someone like that."
To this, Clooney's publicist clarified to E! News, "The Leo comments were all made in fun about basketball. Not about Leo's life. The writer and George were laughing about basketball buddies."
However, Clooney did not back out of his comments about Crowe who accused him of selling out in a 2005 GQ interview. "He picked a fight with me," Clooney said. "He started it for no reason at all. He put out this thing saying, 'George Clooney, Harrison Ford, and Robert De Niro are sellouts'...He really went after me. And so I sent him a note going, 'Dude, the only people who succeed when two famous people are fighting is People magazine. What the f**k is wrong with you?' "
Clooney said that Crowe later made attempts to patch things up by sending him some CDs and poetry works he made. Obviously, that did not work. "I think he said, 'I was all misquoted,' and I was like, 'Yeah, yeah. Whatever'," Clooney continued. His publicist explained about the comment, "As for the Russell Crowe story. George was asked about it and told the truth."
More George Clooney News
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo