Jared Harris' New Bride Shares Wedding Pic
Five months after proposing to longtime girlfriend Allegra Riggio, "Mad Men" actor Jared Harris married her on Saturday, November 9 in Miami on top of a yacht. The bride shared the happy news and a picture of the newly wed on her Twitter.
"Just married. <3 #TeamHarris #Jally #MarriageEnsued," Riggio wrote. The picture revealed that the wedding's theme could be all-white. The bride was wearing angel's wings, white gown, carrying a white flower bouquet and sipping champagne. The groom was dazzling in white suits and black bow tie.
Harris proposed to Riggio in June after three and a half years of dating. She showed off a stunning custom-made pink gold engagement ring by Erica Courtney with diamond in the shape of a heart. "Bouncing, floating, giggling, dancing, and merriment are ensuing," she described moments after the proposal.
Riggio also shared the story of how she met Harris to Us Weekly. "Jared and I met at Bar Lubitsch in April 2009," Riggio told Us. "He was suffering through the final throes of a particularly nasty divorce, and I was at my lowest, most miserable moment. I had moved to L.A. for love, and it was not going as planned. That evening I was desperate for a laugh. Jared had the same thought, and we ended up making the same decision to peel ourselves off our respective couches to see a mutual friend visiting from NYC do stand-up."
Riggio later broke up with her boyfriend and mend her heart with the help of Harris. "We just wanted to do everything together," Riggio said. "Then, against all rhyme or reason and all the odds, our heavily damaged hearts began to heal. Laughter, as they say, truly is the best medicine. We fell in love and swore never to speak of marriage, as our last relationships ruined the thought of it."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story