Miss Universe 2013 Is Gabriela Isler of Venezuela
The new Miss Universe has been crowned. Gabriela Isler of Venezuela beat out other girls from 86 countries in stealing the beauty pageant's 62nd edition during Saturday, November 9 grand finale in Moscow, Russia.
Isler was so excited at being declared the winner that the tiara fell off her head when Miss Universe 2012 Olivia Culpo of United States handed the tiara over. Isler caught the crown laughing. The 25-year-old is an accomplished flamenco dancer and has appeared on her country's television.
The 16 semi finalists included Costa Rica, Ukraine, China, Ecuador, Great Britain, Indonesia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Spain, USA,Nicaragua, Switzerland, India, Brazil, Philippines. The Top 10 contestants came from Spain, Philippines, Great Britain, India, Brazil, USA, Ukraine, Ecuador, Venezuela and Dominican Republic.
After the evening gown round, the group was downsized to Ecuador, Brazil, Spain, Philippines and Venezuela. Host country Russia was immediately eliminated, prompting boos from the audience. The judging panel included Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler.
Taking the runner-up position this year is Miss Spain, Patricia Rodrigues. Then in respective order, Constanza Baez from Ecuador, Ariella Arida from the Philippines, and Jakelyne Oliveira from Brazil.
For Venezuela, this is the third win in the last six Miss Universe pageants. Dayana Mendoza and Stefania Fernandez won in 2008 and 2009 respectively. One of Isler's first tasks as Miss Universe is to pose in the $1 million worth of a swimsuit, which is studded with diamonds, rubies and emeralds, on Sunday. She will then travel the world doing charity works.
The Miss Universe pageant will air in the United States on NBC at 9 P.M. EST.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics