Miss Universe 2013 Is Gabriela Isler of Venezuela
The new Miss Universe has been crowned. Gabriela Isler of Venezuela beat out other girls from 86 countries in stealing the beauty pageant's 62nd edition during Saturday, November 9 grand finale in Moscow, Russia.
Isler was so excited at being declared the winner that the tiara fell off her head when Miss Universe 2012 Olivia Culpo of United States handed the tiara over. Isler caught the crown laughing. The 25-year-old is an accomplished flamenco dancer and has appeared on her country's television.
The 16 semi finalists included Costa Rica, Ukraine, China, Ecuador, Great Britain, Indonesia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Spain, USA,Nicaragua, Switzerland, India, Brazil, Philippines. The Top 10 contestants came from Spain, Philippines, Great Britain, India, Brazil, USA, Ukraine, Ecuador, Venezuela and Dominican Republic.
After the evening gown round, the group was downsized to Ecuador, Brazil, Spain, Philippines and Venezuela. Host country Russia was immediately eliminated, prompting boos from the audience. The judging panel included Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler.
Taking the runner-up position this year is Miss Spain, Patricia Rodrigues. Then in respective order, Constanza Baez from Ecuador, Ariella Arida from the Philippines, and Jakelyne Oliveira from Brazil.
For Venezuela, this is the third win in the last six Miss Universe pageants. Dayana Mendoza and Stefania Fernandez won in 2008 and 2009 respectively. One of Isler's first tasks as Miss Universe is to pose in the $1 million worth of a swimsuit, which is studded with diamonds, rubies and emeralds, on Sunday. She will then travel the world doing charity works.
The Miss Universe pageant will air in the United States on NBC at 9 P.M. EST.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars