Tom Hardy Considered to Play John Connor in 'Terminator 5'
Tom Hardy may be added to "Terminator 5" cast ensemble. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the villainous Bane in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" is eyed to take on the role of John Connor played by Christian Bale in 2009's "Terminator Salvation".
Emilia Clarke ("Game of Thrones"), Brie Larson ("21 Jump Street") and Margot Robbie ("The Wolf of Wall Street") are lined up to play John's mother Sarah. She was played by Linda Hamilton in the classic movies directed by James Cameron.
Garrett Hedlund, who was previously mentioned circling the role of John, is now rumored on the shortlist of contenders to portray the young Kyle Reese, who will father John. Taylor Kitsch and Nicholas Hoult are among the candidates as well.
The fifth installment of "Terminator" movie franchise is slated for July 1, 2015. "Thor: The Dark World" director Alan Taylor will helm the reboot. Arnold Schwarzenegger is expected to reprise his role as the titular robot.
Hardy will next be seen in "Mad Max: Fury Road". His other new projects include "Animal Rescue" and "Child 44".
More Terminator Genisys News
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'