Tom Hardy Considered to Play John Connor in 'Terminator 5'
Tom Hardy may be added to "Terminator 5" cast ensemble. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the villainous Bane in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" is eyed to take on the role of John Connor played by Christian Bale in 2009's "Terminator Salvation".
Emilia Clarke ("Game of Thrones"), Brie Larson ("21 Jump Street") and Margot Robbie ("The Wolf of Wall Street") are lined up to play John's mother Sarah. She was played by Linda Hamilton in the classic movies directed by James Cameron.
Garrett Hedlund, who was previously mentioned circling the role of John, is now rumored on the shortlist of contenders to portray the young Kyle Reese, who will father John. Taylor Kitsch and Nicholas Hoult are among the candidates as well.
The fifth installment of "Terminator" movie franchise is slated for July 1, 2015. "Thor: The Dark World" director Alan Taylor will helm the reboot. Arnold Schwarzenegger is expected to reprise his role as the titular robot.
Hardy will next be seen in "Mad Max: Fury Road". His other new projects include "Animal Rescue" and "Child 44".
More Terminator Genisys News
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video