Tom Hardy Considered to Play John Connor in 'Terminator 5'
Tom Hardy may be added to "Terminator 5" cast ensemble. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the villainous Bane in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" is eyed to take on the role of John Connor played by Christian Bale in 2009's "Terminator Salvation".
Emilia Clarke ("Game of Thrones"), Brie Larson ("21 Jump Street") and Margot Robbie ("The Wolf of Wall Street") are lined up to play John's mother Sarah. She was played by Linda Hamilton in the classic movies directed by James Cameron.
Garrett Hedlund, who was previously mentioned circling the role of John, is now rumored on the shortlist of contenders to portray the young Kyle Reese, who will father John. Taylor Kitsch and Nicholas Hoult are among the candidates as well.
The fifth installment of "Terminator" movie franchise is slated for July 1, 2015. "Thor: The Dark World" director Alan Taylor will helm the reboot. Arnold Schwarzenegger is expected to reprise his role as the titular robot.
Hardy will next be seen in "Mad Max: Fury Road". His other new projects include "Animal Rescue" and "Child 44".
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber