Tom Hardy Considered to Play John Connor in 'Terminator 5'
Tom Hardy may be added to "Terminator 5" cast ensemble. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the villainous Bane in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" is eyed to take on the role of John Connor played by Christian Bale in 2009's "Terminator Salvation".
Emilia Clarke ("Game of Thrones"), Brie Larson ("21 Jump Street") and Margot Robbie ("The Wolf of Wall Street") are lined up to play John's mother Sarah. She was played by Linda Hamilton in the classic movies directed by James Cameron.
Garrett Hedlund, who was previously mentioned circling the role of John, is now rumored on the shortlist of contenders to portray the young Kyle Reese, who will father John. Taylor Kitsch and Nicholas Hoult are among the candidates as well.
The fifth installment of "Terminator" movie franchise is slated for July 1, 2015. "Thor: The Dark World" director Alan Taylor will helm the reboot. Arnold Schwarzenegger is expected to reprise his role as the titular robot.
Hardy will next be seen in "Mad Max: Fury Road". His other new projects include "Animal Rescue" and "Child 44".
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers