Tom Hardy Considered to Play John Connor in 'Terminator 5'
Tom Hardy may be added to "Terminator 5" cast ensemble. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the villainous Bane in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" is eyed to take on the role of John Connor played by Christian Bale in 2009's "Terminator Salvation".
Emilia Clarke ("Game of Thrones"), Brie Larson ("21 Jump Street") and Margot Robbie ("The Wolf of Wall Street") are lined up to play John's mother Sarah. She was played by Linda Hamilton in the classic movies directed by James Cameron.
Garrett Hedlund, who was previously mentioned circling the role of John, is now rumored on the shortlist of contenders to portray the young Kyle Reese, who will father John. Taylor Kitsch and Nicholas Hoult are among the candidates as well.
The fifth installment of "Terminator" movie franchise is slated for July 1, 2015. "Thor: The Dark World" director Alan Taylor will helm the reboot. Arnold Schwarzenegger is expected to reprise his role as the titular robot.
Hardy will next be seen in "Mad Max: Fury Road". His other new projects include "Animal Rescue" and "Child 44".
More Terminator Genisys News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding