Annabelle Doll in 'The Conjuring' Gets Spin-off
Chucky will face a competition from another creepy doll, Annabelle. The haunted puppet from scary film "The Conjuring" reportedly will get her own horror movie. John R. Leonetti, the director of photography in the James Wan-directed film, will serve as a helmer in the spin-off. Filming is expected to begin in spring 2014, Schmoes Know reports.
"The Conjuring" follows a couple with their five daughters moving into a haunted farmhouse in Harrisville, Rhode Island. Released this summer, the movie made on a shoestring budget of $20M successfully grossed over an impressive $313 million worldwide.
Following the commercial success of the Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson starrer, a sequel is already in the works with Chad and Carey Hayes returning to write the script. Farmiga and Wilson are also expected to reprise their roles as paranormal investigators who helped the Perron family in the first film.
More Annabelle News
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds