Annabelle Doll in 'The Conjuring' Gets Spin-off
Chucky will face a competition from another creepy doll, Annabelle. The haunted puppet from scary film "The Conjuring" reportedly will get her own horror movie. John R. Leonetti, the director of photography in the James Wan-directed film, will serve as a helmer in the spin-off. Filming is expected to begin in spring 2014, Schmoes Know reports.
"The Conjuring" follows a couple with their five daughters moving into a haunted farmhouse in Harrisville, Rhode Island. Released this summer, the movie made on a shoestring budget of $20M successfully grossed over an impressive $313 million worldwide.
Following the commercial success of the Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson starrer, a sequel is already in the works with Chad and Carey Hayes returning to write the script. Farmiga and Wilson are also expected to reprise their roles as paranormal investigators who helped the Perron family in the first film.
More Annabelle News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel