Annabelle Doll in 'The Conjuring' Gets Spin-off
Chucky will face a competition from another creepy doll, Annabelle. The haunted puppet from scary film "The Conjuring" reportedly will get her own horror movie. John R. Leonetti, the director of photography in the James Wan-directed film, will serve as a helmer in the spin-off. Filming is expected to begin in spring 2014, Schmoes Know reports.
"The Conjuring" follows a couple with their five daughters moving into a haunted farmhouse in Harrisville, Rhode Island. Released this summer, the movie made on a shoestring budget of $20M successfully grossed over an impressive $313 million worldwide.
Following the commercial success of the Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson starrer, a sequel is already in the works with Chad and Carey Hayes returning to write the script. Farmiga and Wilson are also expected to reprise their roles as paranormal investigators who helped the Perron family in the first film.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie