Annabelle Doll in 'The Conjuring' Gets Spin-off
Chucky will face a competition from another creepy doll, Annabelle. The haunted puppet from scary film "The Conjuring" reportedly will get her own horror movie. John R. Leonetti, the director of photography in the James Wan-directed film, will serve as a helmer in the spin-off. Filming is expected to begin in spring 2014, Schmoes Know reports.
"The Conjuring" follows a couple with their five daughters moving into a haunted farmhouse in Harrisville, Rhode Island. Released this summer, the movie made on a shoestring budget of $20M successfully grossed over an impressive $313 million worldwide.
Following the commercial success of the Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson starrer, a sequel is already in the works with Chad and Carey Hayes returning to write the script. Farmiga and Wilson are also expected to reprise their roles as paranormal investigators who helped the Perron family in the first film.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video