'Thor: The Dark World' Gets Rom-Com Treatment From Jimmy Kimmel
Jimmy Kimmel helps Marvel market its action movie "Thor: The Dark World" to female audience. The late-night host known for his video pranks including "twerking girl on fire" gives a romantic comedy twist a la Hugh Grant's "Love Actually" to the superhero flick.
With the explosive scenes toned down, the superhero/rom-com mashup results in "Thor Actually" which prominently features the love story between the hammer-wielding god and his mortal woman. The romance is set against Katrina and the Waves' classic "Walking on Sunshine".
"Jane Foster was looking for love in all the wrong places, until a blast from the past came out of nowhere to sweep her off her feet and make her wildest dreams come true," the voiceover says in the tweaked trailer. "Sometimes the strongest force in the universe is love."
"These superhero movies do very well at the box office," the host introduces the fake trailer to the "Thor" sequel on his show. "They're primarily seen by men, but in an attempt to bring more women into the theater this weekend, Marvel is trying to market it to women, too."
Directed by Alan Taylor, the second "Thor" film sees Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman as the titular Norse God and his human love interest. Tom Hiddleston is also back as his mischief brother Loki. It has just been released in the U.S. on November 8.
"Thor Actually" trailer on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!":
"Thor: The Dark World" new TV spot:
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'