Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill' Turned to Broadway Musical
Alanis Morissette is making a foray into the Broadway world, bringing her 1995 LP "Jagged Little Pill" along. A musical is being developed based on the album, encompassing songs such as "You Oughta Know", "Ironic" and "Head Over Feet" in addition to other songs from her catalog and new compositions written specifically for the stage production.
Tony and Pulitzer Prize winner Tom Kitt, who worked on the Broadway musical of Green Day's "American Idiot", will assist Morissette in the orchestration and arrangements for the musical. Meanwhile, Broadway veteran and "American Idiot" producer Vivek J. Tiwary will produce the musical, which is also titled "Jagged Little Pill", with Arvind Ethan David.
"I look forward to taking the heart of Jagged Little Pill and expanding its story, fleshing it out into ever deeper layers of emotionality, specificity, humanity, power, physicality, spirit and fabulism," Morissette said in the announcement. "I look forward to collaborating with Vivek and Tom and our whole inspiring team to create something greater than the sum of our parts."
No director and cast were immediately announced, but the musical is expected to debut as a workshop production next year.
"Jagged Little Pill" is by far the best-selling debut release by a female artist in the U.S. and the highest-selling debut album worldwide in music history with 33 million copies sold. Morissette won a Grammy for Album of the Year while "You Oughta Know" won Best Female Rock Vocal Performance and Best Rock Song.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked