Ke$ha's Collaboration Album With The Flaming Lips Is Not Happening
Earlier this year, it was revealed that Ke$ha was preparing a collaboration album with The Flaming Lips. However, the band's frontman Wayne Coyne has just announced that the album called "Lip$ha" had been canceled.
"As of now ...sadly there will be no Lip$ha.... I can't say why... It is sad...," Coyne wrote on his Twitter on Thursday, November 7. The canceled project saddened both The Flaming Lips and Ke$ha's fans, who have been eagerly waiting for the album since early April.
At that time, Coyne told fans during a Reddit Ask Me Anything session, "[Ke$ha] is a blast on all levels. She's funny, she's humble. She's bada**. She's everything. She's awesome. We're actually already working on an album with her. It's called 'Lip$ha'."
"We're going to do it," Coyne continued. "I don't know how exactly and when exactly, but yeah, I know for sure that we are continuing to make music and I know for sure from her end and our side of it, we are going to put it out."
Prior to announcing the joint record, The Flaming Lips and Ke$ha worked together on the band's song, "2012 (You Must Be Upgraded)". They also teamed up for the 26-year-old starlet's 2012 album, "Warrior".
More Ke$ha News
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'