Ke$ha's Collaboration Album With The Flaming Lips Is Not Happening
Earlier this year, it was revealed that Ke$ha was preparing a collaboration album with The Flaming Lips. However, the band's frontman Wayne Coyne has just announced that the album called "Lip$ha" had been canceled.
"As of now ...sadly there will be no Lip$ha.... I can't say why... It is sad...," Coyne wrote on his Twitter on Thursday, November 7. The canceled project saddened both The Flaming Lips and Ke$ha's fans, who have been eagerly waiting for the album since early April.
At that time, Coyne told fans during a Reddit Ask Me Anything session, "[Ke$ha] is a blast on all levels. She's funny, she's humble. She's bada**. She's everything. She's awesome. We're actually already working on an album with her. It's called 'Lip$ha'."
"We're going to do it," Coyne continued. "I don't know how exactly and when exactly, but yeah, I know for sure that we are continuing to make music and I know for sure from her end and our side of it, we are going to put it out."
Prior to announcing the joint record, The Flaming Lips and Ke$ha worked together on the band's song, "2012 (You Must Be Upgraded)". They also teamed up for the 26-year-old starlet's 2012 album, "Warrior".
More Ke$ha News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent