Ke$ha's Collaboration Album With The Flaming Lips Is Not Happening
Earlier this year, it was revealed that Ke$ha was preparing a collaboration album with The Flaming Lips. However, the band's frontman Wayne Coyne has just announced that the album called "Lip$ha" had been canceled.
"As of now ...sadly there will be no Lip$ha.... I can't say why... It is sad...," Coyne wrote on his Twitter on Thursday, November 7. The canceled project saddened both The Flaming Lips and Ke$ha's fans, who have been eagerly waiting for the album since early April.
At that time, Coyne told fans during a Reddit Ask Me Anything session, "[Ke$ha] is a blast on all levels. She's funny, she's humble. She's bada**. She's everything. She's awesome. We're actually already working on an album with her. It's called 'Lip$ha'."
"We're going to do it," Coyne continued. "I don't know how exactly and when exactly, but yeah, I know for sure that we are continuing to make music and I know for sure from her end and our side of it, we are going to put it out."
Prior to announcing the joint record, The Flaming Lips and Ke$ha worked together on the band's song, "2012 (You Must Be Upgraded)". They also teamed up for the 26-year-old starlet's 2012 album, "Warrior".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal