CMA Awards 2013: Blake Shelton Wins Album of the Year, Kacey Musgraves Is Best New Artist
Blake Shelton has got his glorious moment at the 2013 Country Music Association Awards. After losing to Tim McGraw in both Music Video and Musical Event of the Year categories, he finally nabbed his first award that night for Album of the Year.
His eigth studio album "Based on a True Story..." blocked Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away", Taylor Swift's "Red", Kacey Musgraves' "Same Trailer Different Park" and Little Big Town's "Tornado" from taking the coveted prize.
He playfully said, "Give me that!" to award presenter Sheryl Crow as he snatched the trophy out of her hand, while his wife Miranda Lambert got emotional watching him deliver his acceptance speech. Later on the show, Shelton sang "Mine Would Be You".
Musgraves won't come home empty handed despite losing the Album of the Year award to Shelton. The 25-year-old singer/songwriter was dubbed New Artist of the Year, defeating Lee Brice, Brett Eldredge, Florida Georgia Line and Kip Moore. She thanked everybody, including her grandma in the audience.
Florida Georgia Line and Tim McGraw have won two each at the ongoing ceremony aired live on ABC from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley are hosting the event, with Taylor Swift, The Band Perry, Hunter Hayes and Jason Mraz among the musical performers.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'