CMA Awards 2013: Blake Shelton Wins Album of the Year, Kacey Musgraves Is Best New Artist
Blake Shelton has got his glorious moment at the 2013 Country Music Association Awards. After losing to Tim McGraw in both Music Video and Musical Event of the Year categories, he finally nabbed his first award that night for Album of the Year.
His eigth studio album "Based on a True Story..." blocked Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away", Taylor Swift's "Red", Kacey Musgraves' "Same Trailer Different Park" and Little Big Town's "Tornado" from taking the coveted prize.
He playfully said, "Give me that!" to award presenter Sheryl Crow as he snatched the trophy out of her hand, while his wife Miranda Lambert got emotional watching him deliver his acceptance speech. Later on the show, Shelton sang "Mine Would Be You".
Musgraves won't come home empty handed despite losing the Album of the Year award to Shelton. The 25-year-old singer/songwriter was dubbed New Artist of the Year, defeating Lee Brice, Brett Eldredge, Florida Georgia Line and Kip Moore. She thanked everybody, including her grandma in the audience.
Florida Georgia Line and Tim McGraw have won two each at the ongoing ceremony aired live on ABC from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley are hosting the event, with Taylor Swift, The Band Perry, Hunter Hayes and Jason Mraz among the musical performers.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season