CMA Awards 2013: Blake Shelton Wins Album of the Year, Kacey Musgraves Is Best New Artist
Blake Shelton has got his glorious moment at the 2013 Country Music Association Awards. After losing to Tim McGraw in both Music Video and Musical Event of the Year categories, he finally nabbed his first award that night for Album of the Year.
His eigth studio album "Based on a True Story..." blocked Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away", Taylor Swift's "Red", Kacey Musgraves' "Same Trailer Different Park" and Little Big Town's "Tornado" from taking the coveted prize.
He playfully said, "Give me that!" to award presenter Sheryl Crow as he snatched the trophy out of her hand, while his wife Miranda Lambert got emotional watching him deliver his acceptance speech. Later on the show, Shelton sang "Mine Would Be You".
Musgraves won't come home empty handed despite losing the Album of the Year award to Shelton. The 25-year-old singer/songwriter was dubbed New Artist of the Year, defeating Lee Brice, Brett Eldredge, Florida Georgia Line and Kip Moore. She thanked everybody, including her grandma in the audience.
Florida Georgia Line and Tim McGraw have won two each at the ongoing ceremony aired live on ABC from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley are hosting the event, with Taylor Swift, The Band Perry, Hunter Hayes and Jason Mraz among the musical performers.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special