FOX Denies Planning 'Glee' Spin-Off With Lea Michele
"Glee" is not getting a spin-off treatment just yet. Contrary to report which said that a spin-off centering on Lea Michele's Rachel "is definitely happening," a representative for FOX which airs the musical drama says there's no truth to the story. Supporting the denial released by FOX's rep to Los Angeles Times, a source who works on the show tells E! News, "There is 'Glee' and 'Glee' only."
Radar Online first sparked the spin-off rumor, quoting a so-called insider as saying, "This will be announced soon." The source close to the situation allegedly added, "They're making the deals now and it also presents a viable exit plan for the main 'Glee' series itself - in that some of its core cast would also migrate to the Lea Michele project as 'Glee' is showing signs of aging."
Despite its gradually declining ratings, "Glee" has been renewed for a sixth season, which Murphy recently hinted would be the last for the series. He said at a Paley Center event last month that he had mapped the ending, but he had to adjust it in light of Cory Monteith's shocking passing.
"I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was - he was in it. I knew what the last line was - she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do, so we're figuring that out now," Murphy said, adding that he and his co-creators had come up with "a good idea," "I'm going to tell the studio and the network [in a week] how after Cory's unfortunate passing we can end the show that I think is very satisfactory. And kind of in his honor, which I love."
Other recent reports said that the show might move entirely to New York City-centric storylines in its upcoming sixth season or move Kurt to Russia on an LGBT rights mission.
"Glee" airs Thursday, November 14 at 9/8c on FOX. The series has just landed eight nominations for the 2014 People's Choice Awards.
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters
- Choa Announces She's Leaving AOA, Insists It's Not Because She's Pregnant
- Will Jared Leto Reprise The Joker Role for Harley Quinn Spin-Off?
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Posts Lowest Opening in the Franchise
- Ashton Kutcher Claims He Had Hooking Up Agreement With Mila Kunis
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'