Hugh Jackman and James Mangold in Talks for 'The Wolverine' Sequel
Hugh Jackman and James Mangold are expected to return for the upcoming third installment of "Wolverine" movie series. Jackman is in talks to reprise his role as the razor-clawed mutant while Mangold is courted to serve behind the lens like he did in the second film.
"The Wolverine" released this summer collected $132 million from domestic revenue and $280 million from foreign market, pushing its worldwide cume to $413 million. It becomes the second highest grossing "X-Men" film behind "X-Men: The Last Stand" ($459 million).
Wolverine will next be seen in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" due May 23, 2014. Directed by Bryan Singer, it will see the mutant being sent back to the old days by Professor X and his old frenemy Magneto to change the past in order to avoid a disastrous future.
It was previously reported that the movie would mark Jackman's final appearance as the adamantium hero. The rumor came after the "Prisoners" actor hinted that he might be too old to continue reprising the iconic role in the franchise.
"Great parts always outgrow the actors that play them. If you forget that, it's at your own peril," the Aussie star explained. "They are working on it [X-Men] now, and it would have to be very compelling for me to do it again. I've been doing it for 10 years."
More The Wolverine 3 News
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6