'Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn' Baby Puppet Chuckesmee Revealed
A new clip from the Blu-Ray DVD release of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" reveals a creepy puppet which was used during the movie's filming. Dubbed "Chuckesmee" by the crew, the 60lb franken-baby was supposed to be a stand-in for Edward and Bella's half-vampire/half-human infant daughter.
"Chuckesmee is one of the most grotesque animatronic babies ever to not be seen on film," said producer Wyck Godfrey. "You're trying to create something that's otherworldly with Renesmee. [But] the second you're holding it up you realize this is never going to work. No fake thing is ever going to do the trick."
Actress Nikki Reed was not impressed with the fake baby either. "I've got two men sitting below me doing puppet stuff with the hands and one guy pokes me in the eye," she recalled filming a scene with the animatronic baby. "It's really difficult for me."
The baby puppet was eventually cut and director Bill Condon chose to youngify actress Mackenzie Foy, who plays young Renesmee, through CGI.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal