'Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn' Baby Puppet Chuckesmee Revealed
A new clip from the Blu-Ray DVD release of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" reveals a creepy puppet which was used during the movie's filming. Dubbed "Chuckesmee" by the crew, the 60lb franken-baby was supposed to be a stand-in for Edward and Bella's half-vampire/half-human infant daughter.
"Chuckesmee is one of the most grotesque animatronic babies ever to not be seen on film," said producer Wyck Godfrey. "You're trying to create something that's otherworldly with Renesmee. [But] the second you're holding it up you realize this is never going to work. No fake thing is ever going to do the trick."
Actress Nikki Reed was not impressed with the fake baby either. "I've got two men sitting below me doing puppet stuff with the hands and one guy pokes me in the eye," she recalled filming a scene with the animatronic baby. "It's really difficult for me."
The baby puppet was eventually cut and director Bill Condon chose to youngify actress Mackenzie Foy, who plays young Renesmee, through CGI.
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'