'Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn' Baby Puppet Chuckesmee Revealed
A new clip from the Blu-Ray DVD release of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" reveals a creepy puppet which was used during the movie's filming. Dubbed "Chuckesmee" by the crew, the 60lb franken-baby was supposed to be a stand-in for Edward and Bella's half-vampire/half-human infant daughter.
"Chuckesmee is one of the most grotesque animatronic babies ever to not be seen on film," said producer Wyck Godfrey. "You're trying to create something that's otherworldly with Renesmee. [But] the second you're holding it up you realize this is never going to work. No fake thing is ever going to do the trick."
Actress Nikki Reed was not impressed with the fake baby either. "I've got two men sitting below me doing puppet stuff with the hands and one guy pokes me in the eye," she recalled filming a scene with the animatronic baby. "It's really difficult for me."
The baby puppet was eventually cut and director Bill Condon chose to youngify actress Mackenzie Foy, who plays young Renesmee, through CGI.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'