'Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn' Baby Puppet Chuckesmee Revealed
A new clip from the Blu-Ray DVD release of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" reveals a creepy puppet which was used during the movie's filming. Dubbed "Chuckesmee" by the crew, the 60lb franken-baby was supposed to be a stand-in for Edward and Bella's half-vampire/half-human infant daughter.
"Chuckesmee is one of the most grotesque animatronic babies ever to not be seen on film," said producer Wyck Godfrey. "You're trying to create something that's otherworldly with Renesmee. [But] the second you're holding it up you realize this is never going to work. No fake thing is ever going to do the trick."
Actress Nikki Reed was not impressed with the fake baby either. "I've got two men sitting below me doing puppet stuff with the hands and one guy pokes me in the eye," she recalled filming a scene with the animatronic baby. "It's really difficult for me."
The baby puppet was eventually cut and director Bill Condon chose to youngify actress Mackenzie Foy, who plays young Renesmee, through CGI.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway