'Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn' Baby Puppet Chuckesmee Revealed
A new clip from the Blu-Ray DVD release of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" reveals a creepy puppet which was used during the movie's filming. Dubbed "Chuckesmee" by the crew, the 60lb franken-baby was supposed to be a stand-in for Edward and Bella's half-vampire/half-human infant daughter.
"Chuckesmee is one of the most grotesque animatronic babies ever to not be seen on film," said producer Wyck Godfrey. "You're trying to create something that's otherworldly with Renesmee. [But] the second you're holding it up you realize this is never going to work. No fake thing is ever going to do the trick."
Actress Nikki Reed was not impressed with the fake baby either. "I've got two men sitting below me doing puppet stuff with the hands and one guy pokes me in the eye," she recalled filming a scene with the animatronic baby. "It's really difficult for me."
The baby puppet was eventually cut and director Bill Condon chose to youngify actress Mackenzie Foy, who plays young Renesmee, through CGI.
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer