'Breaking Bad' Creator Vince Gilligan to Guest Star on 'Community'
Vince Gilligan is going to make his acting debut on the upcoming fifth season of "Community". EW reports the "Breaking Bad" creator will play a smooth-talking gold digger who fuels a fight between Annie (Alison Brie) and Abed (Danny Pudi).
The Dan Harmon-created comedy series will kick off its season 5 on January 2, 2014. Filming for the episode where Gilligan will make a guest appearance takes place this week. The episode is expected to air in either late winter or early spring next year.
Gilligan is not the only "Breaking Bad" member who guests on "Community". Jonathan Banks, the Mike Ehrmantraut of the crime drama, will channel his inner criminology professor in 11 episodes of the college-set series. Former co-star Giancarlo Esposito previously appeared in seasons 3 and 4.
Other guests on "Community" this season include Walton Goggins, Nathan Fillion, Robert Patrick, Paget Brewster, Kumail Nanjiani, Tim Heidecker, Eric Wareheim, Katie Leclerc, Ben Folds and "Arrested Development" creator Mitchell Hurwitz. The returning guests, meanwhile, are John Oliver, Rob Corddry and Brie Larson.
After "Breaking Bad" came to an end earlier this year, Gilligan is working on spinoff "Better Call Saul" which focuses on Walter White's resourceful lawyer Saul Goodman. He is also developing CBS' detective drama "Battle Creek" with "House" creator David Shore as a showrunner.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video