'Breaking Bad' Creator Vince Gilligan to Guest Star on 'Community'
Vince Gilligan is going to make his acting debut on the upcoming fifth season of "Community". EW reports the "Breaking Bad" creator will play a smooth-talking gold digger who fuels a fight between Annie (Alison Brie) and Abed (Danny Pudi).
The Dan Harmon-created comedy series will kick off its season 5 on January 2, 2014. Filming for the episode where Gilligan will make a guest appearance takes place this week. The episode is expected to air in either late winter or early spring next year.
Gilligan is not the only "Breaking Bad" member who guests on "Community". Jonathan Banks, the Mike Ehrmantraut of the crime drama, will channel his inner criminology professor in 11 episodes of the college-set series. Former co-star Giancarlo Esposito previously appeared in seasons 3 and 4.
Other guests on "Community" this season include Walton Goggins, Nathan Fillion, Robert Patrick, Paget Brewster, Kumail Nanjiani, Tim Heidecker, Eric Wareheim, Katie Leclerc, Ben Folds and "Arrested Development" creator Mitchell Hurwitz. The returning guests, meanwhile, are John Oliver, Rob Corddry and Brie Larson.
After "Breaking Bad" came to an end earlier this year, Gilligan is working on spinoff "Better Call Saul" which focuses on Walter White's resourceful lawyer Saul Goodman. He is also developing CBS' detective drama "Battle Creek" with "House" creator David Shore as a showrunner.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service