'Breaking Bad' Creator Vince Gilligan to Guest Star on 'Community'
Vince Gilligan is going to make his acting debut on the upcoming fifth season of "Community". EW reports the "Breaking Bad" creator will play a smooth-talking gold digger who fuels a fight between Annie (Alison Brie) and Abed (Danny Pudi).
The Dan Harmon-created comedy series will kick off its season 5 on January 2, 2014. Filming for the episode where Gilligan will make a guest appearance takes place this week. The episode is expected to air in either late winter or early spring next year.
Gilligan is not the only "Breaking Bad" member who guests on "Community". Jonathan Banks, the Mike Ehrmantraut of the crime drama, will channel his inner criminology professor in 11 episodes of the college-set series. Former co-star Giancarlo Esposito previously appeared in seasons 3 and 4.
Other guests on "Community" this season include Walton Goggins, Nathan Fillion, Robert Patrick, Paget Brewster, Kumail Nanjiani, Tim Heidecker, Eric Wareheim, Katie Leclerc, Ben Folds and "Arrested Development" creator Mitchell Hurwitz. The returning guests, meanwhile, are John Oliver, Rob Corddry and Brie Larson.
After "Breaking Bad" came to an end earlier this year, Gilligan is working on spinoff "Better Call Saul" which focuses on Walter White's resourceful lawyer Saul Goodman. He is also developing CBS' detective drama "Battle Creek" with "House" creator David Shore as a showrunner.
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle