Lady GaGa Splits From Longtime Manager Troy Carter
Turns out, the trouble is not between Lady GaGa and her man Taylor Kinney. A new report surfaced that GaGa has ended her long-term partnership with manager Troy Carter after Sunday, November 3 show at YouTube Music Awards.
According to Showbiz 411, GaGa and Carter have issues over "creative differences". Although he was by her side since the beginning of her career, Carter was not involved in the "ARTPOP" album campaign. GaGa has refused to take advice from Carter. "She doesn't take direction anymore," a source said.
The rift between the artist and her manager reached its pinnacle on Sunday when GaGa insisted on performing "Dope" which has a dark tone. The song, one of the two promotional singles, makes references to drugs, meaning it is not the best choice to perform before young audience. GaGa also reportedly refused to release some songs as singles although they could be hits.
"ARTPOP "is released on November 11. First single "Applause" did not enter Billboard Hot 100 on its first week but slowly climbed its way on top in the following weeks. Second single "Do What U Want" debuted at number 13 on the Billboard Hot 100.
While the split with Carter is yet confirmed, GaGa has shunned another split rumor by appearing together with Kinney at YouTube Music Awards. Tabloids previously claimed that Kinney could no longer romance the singer because she is married to her career.
More Lady GaGa News
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors