ABC Orders Full Seasons of 'The Goldbergs' and 'Trophy Wife', Extends 'Super Fun Night'
Two of ABC's new comedies have been granted full-season orders. "The Goldbergs" and "Trophy Wife", which are among the network's Tuesday line-up, will now air 22 episodes in its first-year run.
Rebel Wilson's "Super Fun Night" will also last a little longer. The sitcom has received a vote of confidence from the network in the form of an order for four more episodes.
"Back in the Game", on the other hand, doesn't get the same good news. The Alphabet has reportedly pulled the plug on the series and won't order additional episodes beyond its initial 13-episode order.
"So, ABC has decided NOT 2 move forward w [Back in the Game.] 2 all of u fangles and friends, I can't begin 2 thank u for all of ur support," executive producer Robb Cullen tweeted on Friday, November 1. ABC will air all 13 episodes of the baseball-themed comedy, though.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance