ABC Orders Full Seasons of 'The Goldbergs' and 'Trophy Wife', Extends 'Super Fun Night'
Two of ABC's new comedies have been granted full-season orders. "The Goldbergs" and "Trophy Wife", which are among the network's Tuesday line-up, will now air 22 episodes in its first-year run.
Rebel Wilson's "Super Fun Night" will also last a little longer. The sitcom has received a vote of confidence from the network in the form of an order for four more episodes.
"Back in the Game", on the other hand, doesn't get the same good news. The Alphabet has reportedly pulled the plug on the series and won't order additional episodes beyond its initial 13-episode order.
"So, ABC has decided NOT 2 move forward w [Back in the Game.] 2 all of u fangles and friends, I can't begin 2 thank u for all of ur support," executive producer Robb Cullen tweeted on Friday, November 1. ABC will air all 13 episodes of the baseball-themed comedy, though.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences