Video: Sportscaster Delivers Report as Ron Burgundy for Halloween
In the spirit of Halloween, an Idaho newscaster dressed up as Will Ferrell's Ron Burgundy on Thursday, October 31. Donning a red suit and sporting fake thick mustache, sports director Paul Gerke of KIVI Channel 6 in Boise delivered his entire news segment in character.
Gerke opened the segment picking his teeth, explaining, "I had ribs for lunch, that's why I'm doing this." Later, he said, "Please tell me this is some kind of sick and tasteless joke," when reading the result of a basketball game.
The local sportscaster, who insisted he's not Ron Burgundy because he believed "that name is copyrighted," even did a report from a football field in costume. Also helping to report the weather forecast, he delivered funny quotes and quips during the eight-minute newscast, amusing his co-anchors.
The real version of Ron Burgundy, portrayed by Will Ferrell, will appear on TBS' talk show "CONAN" on Thursday, November 21. It marks his return to the TV show after making a surprise appearance in March 2012 to break the news that the long-awaited sequel to 2004's "Anchorman" was finally greenlit.
"Anchorman: The Legend Continues" itself is scheduled to open in U.S. theaters on December 20.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen