Video: Sportscaster Delivers Report as Ron Burgundy for Halloween
In the spirit of Halloween, an Idaho newscaster dressed up as Will Ferrell's Ron Burgundy on Thursday, October 31. Donning a red suit and sporting fake thick mustache, sports director Paul Gerke of KIVI Channel 6 in Boise delivered his entire news segment in character.
Gerke opened the segment picking his teeth, explaining, "I had ribs for lunch, that's why I'm doing this." Later, he said, "Please tell me this is some kind of sick and tasteless joke," when reading the result of a basketball game.
The local sportscaster, who insisted he's not Ron Burgundy because he believed "that name is copyrighted," even did a report from a football field in costume. Also helping to report the weather forecast, he delivered funny quotes and quips during the eight-minute newscast, amusing his co-anchors.
The real version of Ron Burgundy, portrayed by Will Ferrell, will appear on TBS' talk show "CONAN" on Thursday, November 21. It marks his return to the TV show after making a surprise appearance in March 2012 to break the news that the long-awaited sequel to 2004's "Anchorman" was finally greenlit.
"Anchorman: The Legend Continues" itself is scheduled to open in U.S. theaters on December 20.
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'