'Mad Men' Filming Halted by LAX Shooting
The first day of production for "Mad Men" final season was disrupted by a shooting at Los Angeles International Airport on Friday, November 1. A crewmember, key grip Dustin Woods, tweeted that the filming was halted when LAXPD officers told them to shut down.
"We are filming at LAX. Gun fire. Locked down. Evacuating!" he tweeted. "We are at Terminal 4 AA when LAXPD came in with guns drawn said get back inside active shooter on site." He added later, "Police K-9 unit going through AA arrival terminal right now. Should be getting the all clear shortly."
It's unclear whether there was any regular cast members filming the show at LAX at the time and it's unknown when the production will resume. Reps for both AMC and producer Lionsgate TV declined to comment on the reported halted production due to the shooting.
A man, identified as Paul Anthony Ciancia, pulled an assault rifle out of a bag and opened fire inside Terminal 3 at the airport on Friday morning, killing a TSA officer and wounded several others. The gunman was shot several times in the chest by police and was taken to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Westwood under custody.
He reportedly carried a note that said he "wanted to kill TSA and pigs" and expressed his "disappointment with government." A source with knowledge of the investigation also said that the suspect had sent "angry, rambling" texts to family before the shooting, saying he was unhappy and discouraged living in Los Angeles.
Actor James Franco, "The Bachelor" host Chris Harrison, singer Joe Jonas, "How I Met Your Mother" co-creator Craig Thomas and "Mythbusters" stars Tory Belleci and Grant Imahara were at LAX when the shooting drama took place.
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week