Jennifer Love Hewitt's 'The Client List' Officially Canceled
"The Client List" will be wrapped up for good after two seasons. It has been confirmed that the Jennifer Love Hewitt starring drama has been canceled by Lifetime and the sophomore run the ended this June would be the last of it.
The talks for a third season had occurred but star/executive producer Hewitt and the producers could not meet the middle in the creative direction. Deadline reported in June that there were lengthy negotiations on how they should incorporate Hewitt's real-life pregnancy into the story.
The actress wanted the pregnancy written into the show and that her real-life fiance Brian Hallisay should be the baby daddy as well on screen. The producers reportedly did not sit well with Hewitt's demands and it delayed the decision to pick up third season. "There are many story lines we are exploring," a rep for Hewitt said at that time. "So any suggestion that we are not doing our best to develop a great season is simply not accurate."
Lifetime has not given any comment yet regarding the cancellation.
"The Client List" started as a TV movie for Lifetime and then developed as a TV series that premiered in April 2012 to a stellar 2.79 millions rating. The show experienced a slight rating decline throughout the seasons, closing up the second season with 2.09 millions. However, sources told Deadline that the number of viewers did not affect the cancellation, rather it was the differences in creative and logistic directions.
Hewitt will still be at Lifetime for she has inked a deal with the network to develop a modern-day version of "Pride and Prejudice". She was also under a pact to develop an adaptation of her book, "The Day I Shot Cupid" for the cabler.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes