'Thor: The Dark World' Villain Shows Up for Kids at Special Screening
Loki appeared in flesh at a special screening of "Thor: The Dark World". English actor Tom Hiddleston, who portrays the villain in the "Thor" sequel, flew all the way from London to New York City to surprise kids from two different charities.
Co-hosted by Disney, Marvel Studios and the Daily News, the screening held at AMC Empire 25 in Times Square was closed for Variety the Children's Charity of New York and The Children's Aid Society. "I am Loki and I am filled with glorious purpose," Hiddleston greeted his young fans.
Hiddleston flew in specifically for the screening, touching down just two hours before the event. "I just landed from London at 4 P.M. and to sort of come through the airport, throw on some clothes and come into that response where there were just 300 kids so excited to be there," the actor told the Daily News. "To see that enthusiasm, to see them clap and cheer, wearing Loki T-shirts and swinging hammers, that was really gratifying."
He added, "For charities like Variety of New York and Children's Aid Society and UNICEF, who I have done some work for, I believe so strongly in their work. There are armies of people behind the scenes who do tireless work on behalf of children all over the world. So it's nothing for me to turn up and introduce a screening for them. I hope it's a nice reward."
"Thor: The Dark World" will be released in theaters November 8.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'