'Thor: The Dark World' Villain Shows Up for Kids at Special Screening
Loki appeared in flesh at a special screening of "Thor: The Dark World". English actor Tom Hiddleston, who portrays the villain in the "Thor" sequel, flew all the way from London to New York City to surprise kids from two different charities.
Co-hosted by Disney, Marvel Studios and the Daily News, the screening held at AMC Empire 25 in Times Square was closed for Variety the Children's Charity of New York and The Children's Aid Society. "I am Loki and I am filled with glorious purpose," Hiddleston greeted his young fans.
Hiddleston flew in specifically for the screening, touching down just two hours before the event. "I just landed from London at 4 P.M. and to sort of come through the airport, throw on some clothes and come into that response where there were just 300 kids so excited to be there," the actor told the Daily News. "To see that enthusiasm, to see them clap and cheer, wearing Loki T-shirts and swinging hammers, that was really gratifying."
He added, "For charities like Variety of New York and Children's Aid Society and UNICEF, who I have done some work for, I believe so strongly in their work. There are armies of people behind the scenes who do tireless work on behalf of children all over the world. So it's nothing for me to turn up and introduce a screening for them. I hope it's a nice reward."
"Thor: The Dark World" will be released in theaters November 8.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2