Lana Del Rey Reportedly Declined Kanye West's Request to Sing at His Engagement
Kanye West originally included a live performance from Lana Del Rey as he planned his lavish proposal to Kim Kardashian, Radar Online reports. Kim apparently is a big fan of the 27-year-old singer and "Young and Beautiful" from "The Great Gatsby" is her favorite song. Kanye, therefore, "asked Lana to perform for Kim at surprise marriage proposal in San Francisco," a source says.
"Lana politely declined, and didn't give any reason for not being able to perform. It was a very firm no from Lana and her camp," the source explains. "Kanye did try to push it, but didn't get anywhere. Kanye decided to hire an orchestra to perform the song for Kim, and he was much happier with how it turned out."
The "Black Skinhead" rapper later changed his plan, using 50-piece of orchestra instead. The orchestra played Lana's "Young and Beautiful" as well as Keri Hilson, Ne-Yo and Kanye's "Knock You Down" as a giant screen at AT&T Park showed a sign, "PLEEEASE MARRY MEEE!!!"
"Kim was bummed that Lana didn't perform for the big event, but she is still a huge fan. She just loved that Kanye tried to make it happen. Kim is jokingly saying Lana will want to perform at their wedding," the source adds.
In an interview with E! News after the engagement, the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star gushed over the celebration. "Last night was truly magical!!! I am the luckiest girl in the world! I get to marry my best friend!" Kim, who turned 33 that date, said.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016