Lana Del Rey Reportedly Declined Kanye West's Request to Sing at His Engagement
Kanye West originally included a live performance from Lana Del Rey as he planned his lavish proposal to Kim Kardashian, Radar Online reports. Kim apparently is a big fan of the 27-year-old singer and "Young and Beautiful" from "The Great Gatsby" is her favorite song. Kanye, therefore, "asked Lana to perform for Kim at surprise marriage proposal in San Francisco," a source says.
"Lana politely declined, and didn't give any reason for not being able to perform. It was a very firm no from Lana and her camp," the source explains. "Kanye did try to push it, but didn't get anywhere. Kanye decided to hire an orchestra to perform the song for Kim, and he was much happier with how it turned out."
The "Black Skinhead" rapper later changed his plan, using 50-piece of orchestra instead. The orchestra played Lana's "Young and Beautiful" as well as Keri Hilson, Ne-Yo and Kanye's "Knock You Down" as a giant screen at AT&T Park showed a sign, "PLEEEASE MARRY MEEE!!!"
"Kim was bummed that Lana didn't perform for the big event, but she is still a huge fan. She just loved that Kanye tried to make it happen. Kim is jokingly saying Lana will want to perform at their wedding," the source adds.
In an interview with E! News after the engagement, the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star gushed over the celebration. "Last night was truly magical!!! I am the luckiest girl in the world! I get to marry my best friend!" Kim, who turned 33 that date, said.
More Lana Del Rey News
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'