Trailer: James Cameron's Climate Change Documentary Boasts All-Star Cast
Oscar-winning filmmaker James Cameron tries to raise awareness of climate change in a new docu-series on Showtime, "Years of Living Dangerously", which has just released its first trailer. Teaming up with Jerry Weintraub, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Solly Granatstein and Maria Wilhelm as executive producers, he brings forward a show that will enlighten people's minds of the dangers of global warming.
The documentary has A-list celebrities, including Matt Damon, Jessica Alba, Olivia Munn, Ian Somerhalder, Harrison Ford, Michael C. Hall, Don Cheadle and America Ferrera, lending their support. They act as correspondents who will report from different parts of the world about how the climate change is affecting people and environments.
Damon, for his part, examines the public health impact of heat waves as they sweep across Los Angeles and other cities around the globe. Munn reports from Washington State as a new governor makes combating global warming a top priority, and Ford travels to Indonesia to report on deforestation and the struggle to prevent it.
"Everybody thinks that this is about melting glaciers and polar bears," Cameron says in the trailer. "I think it's a big mistake. This is 100 percent a people story."
The eight-part television event will premiere in April 2014 on Showtime.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'