Trailer: James Cameron's Climate Change Documentary Boasts All-Star Cast
Oscar-winning filmmaker James Cameron tries to raise awareness of climate change in a new docu-series on Showtime, "Years of Living Dangerously", which has just released its first trailer. Teaming up with Jerry Weintraub, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Solly Granatstein and Maria Wilhelm as executive producers, he brings forward a show that will enlighten people's minds of the dangers of global warming.
The documentary has A-list celebrities, including Matt Damon, Jessica Alba, Olivia Munn, Ian Somerhalder, Harrison Ford, Michael C. Hall, Don Cheadle and America Ferrera, lending their support. They act as correspondents who will report from different parts of the world about how the climate change is affecting people and environments.
Damon, for his part, examines the public health impact of heat waves as they sweep across Los Angeles and other cities around the globe. Munn reports from Washington State as a new governor makes combating global warming a top priority, and Ford travels to Indonesia to report on deforestation and the struggle to prevent it.
"Everybody thinks that this is about melting glaciers and polar bears," Cameron says in the trailer. "I think it's a big mistake. This is 100 percent a people story."
The eight-part television event will premiere in April 2014 on Showtime.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert