Trailer: James Cameron's Climate Change Documentary Boasts All-Star Cast
Oscar-winning filmmaker James Cameron tries to raise awareness of climate change in a new docu-series on Showtime, "Years of Living Dangerously", which has just released its first trailer. Teaming up with Jerry Weintraub, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Solly Granatstein and Maria Wilhelm as executive producers, he brings forward a show that will enlighten people's minds of the dangers of global warming.
The documentary has A-list celebrities, including Matt Damon, Jessica Alba, Olivia Munn, Ian Somerhalder, Harrison Ford, Michael C. Hall, Don Cheadle and America Ferrera, lending their support. They act as correspondents who will report from different parts of the world about how the climate change is affecting people and environments.
Damon, for his part, examines the public health impact of heat waves as they sweep across Los Angeles and other cities around the globe. Munn reports from Washington State as a new governor makes combating global warming a top priority, and Ford travels to Indonesia to report on deforestation and the struggle to prevent it.
"Everybody thinks that this is about melting glaciers and polar bears," Cameron says in the trailer. "I think it's a big mistake. This is 100 percent a people story."
The eight-part television event will premiere in April 2014 on Showtime.
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper