NBC Orders New Tina Fey Comedy Starring Ellie Kemper
Tina Fey and NBC enter into new business pact. The network has given a straight-to-series order to a comedy from the "30 Rock" creator/star and her writing and executive producer partner Robert Carlock, who worked on all seven seasons of "30 Rock".
"The Office" alumna Ellie Kemper will take the lead role in the single-camera project, which has received 13-episode order. She will portray a woman who escapes from a doomsday cult and starts life over in New York City.
"We have been lucky enough to work at NBC for our entire careers (except when Robert worked at 'The Dana Carvey Show', now available on DVD) and we thank Bob [Greenblatt - NBC Entertainment chairman] and Jen [NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke] for their continued support," Fey and Carlock say in a joint statement.
Salke says in a news release, "Original voices like Tina and Robert don't come along very often and we wanted them back on the air as soon as possible. And to have them working with Ellie Kemper - who we watched grow up on 'The Office' from supporting player to leading actress - puts the whole package together. We feel fortunate to be in business with this entire creative team on something so funny, unique, and attention-getting."
The half-hour series, which has yet to be titled, is set to premiere in fall 2014. Fey and Carlock will write, executive produce and co-run the series with Fey's longtime manager David Miner as co-executive producer. Little Stranger and Universal Television will produce the comedy.
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'