Kim Kardashian and Kanye West File Lawsuit Over Leaked Engagement Video
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are apparently has filed a lawsuit over their engagement video. According to TMZ, the couple is suing YouTube co-founder, Chad Hurley, for sharing a 2-and-a-half minute clip taken from their private event which took place at San Francisco's AT&T Park on October 21.
In the lawsuit, Kim and Kanye claim that Chad leaked the video to his new video-sharing site MixBit. In addition, Chad reportedly was not invited to the occasion, but somehow he found a way in.
The couple says that Chad broke confidentiality agreement by sharing the video to his 500,000 Twitter followers. "Hurley proceeded to try to turn the event into one starring himself, broadcasting the images he knew were the exclusive property rights of someone else," the pair allege.
Footage from the celebration apparently was meant to be broadcast on "Keeping Up With the Kardashians". The couple is now suing Chad and his company Avos Systems Inc. for unspecified damage.
Previously, Kanye invited some friends and family members only a few days prior to the surprise proposal. Kim later admitted that she did not know her baby daddy would propose to her on her birthday.
"My eyes were closed and then I got up and I still the whole time I didn't think it was a proposal. I thought it was dinner on the baseball field and we had a nice orchestra. I still didn't get it... When he got on his knee, I kind of figured out what was going on," she told E! News. Guests raced to the field as the couple hugged and they took photos from the event afterwards.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie