CBS Wants 'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off
"How I Met Your Mother" is nearing its end but a legacy from the show may stay on CBS. Reports say the network is discussing a potential spin-off with series creators/executive producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas as well as "Up All Night" creator/executive producer Emily Spivey.
To be told in narrative style like "HIMYM", the proposed spin-off is currently called "How I Met Your Father". It will feature a new group of New York friends and chronicle a female member of the group's quest to meet her future husband.
Words are, MacLaren's Pub, the favorite hangout for Ted, Barney, Marshall, Lily and Robin, may be featured on the potential new show. If the proposed spin-off gets a greenlight, it's likely that the new characters will be introduced in the "HIMYM" series finale.
Bays and Thomas have always been open to a potential "HIMYM" spin-off, tossing around some ideas including one which could have the titular mother as a central character. "We've had conversations about rewinding back to 2005 and doing a series called 'How I Met Your Father'," Thomas said in 2012. "From the perspective of what was happening with the Mother all those years. Occasionally, she'll stumble through McLaren's and no one will see her."
Earlier this year, he told Entertainment Weekly, "There's a world where the universe of the show can keep existing in a way that feels coherent to what's come before, but new enough to be worth watching."
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake