CBS Wants 'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off
"How I Met Your Mother" is nearing its end but a legacy from the show may stay on CBS. Reports say the network is discussing a potential spin-off with series creators/executive producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas as well as "Up All Night" creator/executive producer Emily Spivey.
To be told in narrative style like "HIMYM", the proposed spin-off is currently called "How I Met Your Father". It will feature a new group of New York friends and chronicle a female member of the group's quest to meet her future husband.
Words are, MacLaren's Pub, the favorite hangout for Ted, Barney, Marshall, Lily and Robin, may be featured on the potential new show. If the proposed spin-off gets a greenlight, it's likely that the new characters will be introduced in the "HIMYM" series finale.
Bays and Thomas have always been open to a potential "HIMYM" spin-off, tossing around some ideas including one which could have the titular mother as a central character. "We've had conversations about rewinding back to 2005 and doing a series called 'How I Met Your Father'," Thomas said in 2012. "From the perspective of what was happening with the Mother all those years. Occasionally, she'll stumble through McLaren's and no one will see her."
Earlier this year, he told Entertainment Weekly, "There's a world where the universe of the show can keep existing in a way that feels coherent to what's come before, but new enough to be worth watching."
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'