CBS Wants 'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off
"How I Met Your Mother" is nearing its end but a legacy from the show may stay on CBS. Reports say the network is discussing a potential spin-off with series creators/executive producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas as well as "Up All Night" creator/executive producer Emily Spivey.
To be told in narrative style like "HIMYM", the proposed spin-off is currently called "How I Met Your Father". It will feature a new group of New York friends and chronicle a female member of the group's quest to meet her future husband.
Words are, MacLaren's Pub, the favorite hangout for Ted, Barney, Marshall, Lily and Robin, may be featured on the potential new show. If the proposed spin-off gets a greenlight, it's likely that the new characters will be introduced in the "HIMYM" series finale.
Bays and Thomas have always been open to a potential "HIMYM" spin-off, tossing around some ideas including one which could have the titular mother as a central character. "We've had conversations about rewinding back to 2005 and doing a series called 'How I Met Your Father'," Thomas said in 2012. "From the perspective of what was happening with the Mother all those years. Occasionally, she'll stumble through McLaren's and no one will see her."
Earlier this year, he told Entertainment Weekly, "There's a world where the universe of the show can keep existing in a way that feels coherent to what's come before, but new enough to be worth watching."
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture