Liberty Ross on Husband's Fling With Kristen Stewart: 'It Was Horrible'
Liberty Ross opens up about her feelings after learning that her husband Rupert Sanders cheated on her with Kristen Stewart in summer 2012. "It was horrible. It was really the worst, really the worst," she says in a December issue of Vanity Fair. "I have no words to describe what we went through. But I think, for me, something always has to completely die for there to be a rebirth. And I feel like I'm going through a rebirth."
The director told the British model about his affair 20 hours before photos of him and Stewart hugging and kissing made their way out to media. Following the revelation, Ross' brother, Oscar-winning composer of "The Social Network" Atticus Ross, stepped in to protect his sister.
He contacted Jimmy Iovine, co-founder of Interscope Records, to see if he could help him find a publicist for his sister. Thanks to her brother, Ross and her two children later could escape from paparazzi by staying at a friend's place. "I was able to be there completely secluded. I tried to keep as far away from it as I could and to understand that this is my family and it's the most precious thing to me," Ross explains.
Following the media frenzy, Sanders issued a public apology and expressed his hope to rekindle their relationship. Ross, however, felt that it was over. "I'm not a quitter. I've done everything I could to be the perfect wife and mother and really support my husband. But I just didn't have any more to give, you know?" she tells contributing editor Evgenia Peretz.
Despite Sanders' action, Ross admits that she has forgiven him. "We were together for 16 years, and that in itself is really beautiful. And we've created two exceptional lives together," Ross says. She filed for divorce in January.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris