30 Seconds to Mars Premieres All-Star 'City of Angels' Music Video
Kanye West, Selena Gomez, James Franco and Lindsay Lohan are just a few of the many Hollywood celebrities featured in 30 Seconds to Mars' eleven-and-a-half-minute music video for "City of Angels". The track, which the band's frontman Jared Leto said was the "most personal song" he'd ever written, is the second single off their album "Love Lust Faith + Dreams".
Helmed by Leto himself under his Bartholomew Cubbins alter ego, the clip combines footage of the band performing the song and shots of the stars as they speak to the camera about their thoughts on the city of Los Angeles. Joining TV and movie stars Ashley Olsen, Olivia Wilde, Juliette Lewis, Lily Collins and L.A. Laker Steve Nash in the visuals are impersonators of such late icons as Michael Jackson, Marilyn Monroe and "Superman" star Christopher Reeve.
"The city of angels is where I was able to find myself again, the real me," said Lohan about L.A. which Wilde thought of as "the most magical place I'd ever been. It's the promised land." Meanwhile, new dad and newly-engaged West waxed poetic about it, saying, "This city took my mother, but this city also gave me my child...the city of angels is my paradox, my nightmares and my dreams."
"'City of Angels' is a short film about this wild, weird, and wonderful land, Los Angeles, California. A place that has left its mark on the world's imagination," said Leto about his new short film. "This is for the dreamers who know that sometimes the impossible is indeed possible."
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!