Nicole Kidman Finds 'Great Love' After Marrying Keith Urban
Nicole Kidman opens up about her failed relationship with Tom Cruise in December issue of Vanity Fair. The "Grace of Monaco" actress recalls she was only 23 when she married the "Oblivion" star, saying, "I was so young."
"And you know, with no disrespect to what I had with Tom, I've met my great love now," she tells contributing editor Sam Kashner about her marriage with country singer Keith Urban. "And I really did not know if that was going to happen. I wanted it, but I didn't want it for a while, because I didn't want to jump from one relationship to another. I had a lot of time alone, which was really, really good, because I was a child, really, when I got married. And I needed to grow up."
In the interview, Kidman likens her highly-publicized relationship to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's. "There is something about that sort of existence that, if you really focus on each other and you're in that bubble, it's very intoxicating, because it's just the two of you. And there is only one other person that's going through it. So it brings you very close, and it's deeply romantic. I'm sure Brad and Angelina have that - because there's nobody else that understands it except that person who's sleeping right next to you," she says.
Now that she lives in Nashville with her husband and their two children, Kidman admits that she has "very, very peaceful" marriage and does not miss Hollywood. "The whole business side of it - it's too present. It doesn't suit me," she explains.
More Nicole Kidman News
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2