Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman Return for 'London Has Fallen'
"Olympus Has Fallen" announces its sequel. Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman will continue their action adventure in "London Has Fallen", reprising their respective roles as Secret Service agent Mike Banning, President Benjamin Asher and White House Speaker Allan Trumbull.
Set in the capital city of England, the threesome will travel to the European country to attend the funeral of the British prime minister. They, along with an English MI6 agent, have to stop a plot to take down London before it's too late. No actor has been announced to take on the new role.
Katrin Benedikt and Creighton Rothenberger are back to write the screenplay. Angela Bassett and Radha Mitchell are also expected to reprise their roles as the director of the Secret Service and Mike's wife respectively. Production is scheduled to begin on May 5, 2014.
Producers are now still looking for a new director, as "Olympus Has Fallon" helmer Antoine Fuqua is confirmed that he won't return for the sequel.
The first film was released in March this year, just a few months before Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx's "White House Down", which has a similar terrorist attack plotline, hit theaters. Made on a budget of $70 million, "Olympus Has Fallen" grossed $161 million worldwide.
More London Has Fallen News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special