Bob Barker Returns to 'Price Is Right' on His 90th Birthday
Bob Barker is back to "The Price Is Right" to celebrate his 90th birthday. The former host of the CBS game show will return to tackle the hosting duty for another round in a pre-taped episode to air December 12, which happens to be his birthday.
"We've had Bob on just one other time since Drew Carey took over the show," says executive producer Mike Richards. "It was when Bob's book, 'Priceless Memories', came out and it was a priceless moment for fans. I was looking for the perfect reason to bring Bob back again and this TV legend turning 90 is the perfect reason."
The December 12 episode is part of a weeklong tribute to Barker, who is an animal activist. From December 9 to 13, the show will feature pet adoptions, "which is something Bob did on the show for years," Richards says.
During his apperance, Barker will help place a pup for adoption and present a special showcase, which features prizes that honor the benefits of reaching 90, such as "being treated well," Richards says. "And you'll be treated incredibly well on this trip to wherever... It's intended to show off just how hilarious Bob is and let him have a little fun. We couldn't be more excited!" he explains.
Barker hosted "The Price Is Right" from 1972 to 2007. Drew Carey has since replaced him as the show's host. Richards is open to welcome Barker back again for his 100th birthday, saying, "I'm officially extending an invitation to Bob to come back for his 100th birthday!"
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked