Kanye West: Michelle Obama 'Can't Instagram' Like Kim Kardashian
Kanye West has claimed that Kim Kardashian is more influential in terms of fashion than Michelle Obama and the reality star deserves a place on Vogue's cover. The rapper made the comment in an interview with Ryan Seacrest on Tuesday, October 29.
"There's no way Kim Kardashian shouldn't be on the cover of Vogue. She's like the most intriguing woman right now. She's got Barbara Walters calling her like everyday," he said. "And collectively, we're the most influential with clothing. No one is looking at what [President Barack Obama] is wearing."
"Michelle Obama cannot Instagram a pic like what my girl Instagrammed the other day," West added, referring to a photo of Kim which shows her showing off her post-baby body in a white swimsuit. "[Former French Vogue editor] Carine Roitfeld supports my girl. That's a breakthrough. There's a wall of classism that we are breaking through," he continued.
In the radio interview, Kanye also admitted that he was nervous before proposing to the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star. "I was nervous. I was talking to her cousin. I was like, 'I don't know, what do you think she's going to say?' I'm not arrogant about love and feelings at all. I'm confident in the work I put so much work into, but this is someone else's feelings. You never know what someone else may feel at the time," he told Ryan.
"I just knew I wanted her to be my girl for a long time," he added. "I remember I saw a picture of her and Paris Hilton, and I remember telling my boy, 'Have you seen that girl Kim Kar-dijon?' "
More Kanye West News
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger