Kanye West: Michelle Obama 'Can't Instagram' Like Kim Kardashian
Kanye West has claimed that Kim Kardashian is more influential in terms of fashion than Michelle Obama and the reality star deserves a place on Vogue's cover. The rapper made the comment in an interview with Ryan Seacrest on Tuesday, October 29.
"There's no way Kim Kardashian shouldn't be on the cover of Vogue. She's like the most intriguing woman right now. She's got Barbara Walters calling her like everyday," he said. "And collectively, we're the most influential with clothing. No one is looking at what [President Barack Obama] is wearing."
"Michelle Obama cannot Instagram a pic like what my girl Instagrammed the other day," West added, referring to a photo of Kim which shows her showing off her post-baby body in a white swimsuit. "[Former French Vogue editor] Carine Roitfeld supports my girl. That's a breakthrough. There's a wall of classism that we are breaking through," he continued.
In the radio interview, Kanye also admitted that he was nervous before proposing to the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star. "I was nervous. I was talking to her cousin. I was like, 'I don't know, what do you think she's going to say?' I'm not arrogant about love and feelings at all. I'm confident in the work I put so much work into, but this is someone else's feelings. You never know what someone else may feel at the time," he told Ryan.
"I just knew I wanted her to be my girl for a long time," he added. "I remember I saw a picture of her and Paris Hilton, and I remember telling my boy, 'Have you seen that girl Kim Kar-dijon?' "
More Kanye West News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story